How to save game normally when playing GBA?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by BlueSoujiro, Oct 4, 2006.

1. BlueSoujiro
    OP

Newcomer BlueSoujiro Newbie

I use the Supercard Lite. I have no problem playing the GBA games.

However, when i save my games normally (like doing it on console), the SC won't load the saves when i reboot my NDS system.

instead, on the root directory of my flashcard, it shows the name of the last GBA game i played with the words: (in card)

For example, if i play Final Fantasy IV advance. i save my game. I can load teh game i just saved. However, if I turn off my Nintendo DS, and turn it back on, on the root directory, it will show the following:

final fantasy IV (in card)

If i select it, it will freeze. If i select my FFIV Advance ROM, i will notice that my savegame is gone.

How do i save properly?

2. bionicspider

Newcomer bionicspider Member

United States
    You've 2 ways to save when playing GBA roms; "save state" and in-game saves. You're trying to do an in-game save, where you save normally, but you're not writing the save to your microSD. To do this, save like you are doing in FF IV, and then do a L+R+A+Select to write your .sav to your flash memory.

The other way is the "save state" method. This will save your game's exact state; when you load it up again, you'll start exactly where you left off. Do a L+R+B+Select; your SCLite will ask you if you want to write your state to your SD or if you'd like to load a state (you can patch your roms to utilize multiple "save" states).

Navigate to your SC's "help" menu, and you'll see these key combos listed.

3. BlueSoujiro
    OP

Newcomer BlueSoujiro Newbie

thank you very much for the quick and helpful reply.