Hacking How to safely update from 4.1 to 4.2?

admiralsfan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm kind of having a problem. I'm a total noob here and the only reason I've been able to softmod my wii is all the really helpful tutorials on here, but now I'm trying to figure out how to update it. I've been following this tutorial: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=183384&st=0 and it says on the NUSD downloader I need to put in my IOS and System Versions, and I was wondering how I could find that out? Also, is there an easier way to do this? I don't just want the wii shop channel to work again, I just want to have the latest firmware. Thanks

SnacksHacks

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wiihbcentral.ucoz.com
XP
Country
United States
If you want to safely update to 4.2, you MAY want to try Waninkoko's Firmware Updater v4.2. It will update to the latest firmware currently and keep the homebrew and softmods.

Some people don't like it because he fakesigns almost every IOS. Unfortunately, I don't know what it means to fakesign. Sorry.

Try that and it should work fine. If you get an error roughly halfway through, try it again. If it still repeats, well... we really honestly don't have a clue why it does it... but in most cases it's because the person is not on 4.1 to begin with. You shouldn't have that problem however.

Good luck!

~Snacks
yay.gif

dai-a

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
SnacksHacks said:
If you want to safely update to 4.2, you MAY want to try Waninkoko's Firmware Updater v4.2. It will update to the latest firmware currently and keep the homebrew and softmods.

Some people don't like it because he fakesigns almost every IOS. Unfortunately, I don't know what it means to fakesign. Sorry.

Try that and it should work fine. If you get an error roughly halfway through, try it again. If it still repeats, well... we really honestly don't have a clue why it does it... but in most cases it's because the person is not on 4.1 to begin with. You shouldn't have that problem however.

Good luck!

~Snacks
yay.gif

Do not follow what this guy said.

If he doesn't even know what fake signing is, then obviously he doesn't know how to give advice on wii softmodding.

If you are to scared to update to 4.2 via nintendo then follow the EASIEST guide in the world (Modify any wii sticky
wink.gif
)

Then update with Zektars method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended