Hacking How to safe play different region licenced disks on Wii u?

pavel_W

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello,

I bought my first console - Wii U in Moscow (Europe version) and ordered some disks from Amazon being of course released for USA market. Then I found out about region lock.
I have managed to install homebrew, ios236,d2x and custom usb loader and tried to boot Wii U disks - failed. Realized that I only can play different region Wii disks. Since I've bought Wii Sports - I could test it and it works. Now I've read about Anyregion changer. I want to try it, but there are so many conflicted information about it, so I decided to ask experts.

So, I have two questions:

1. Will I be able to change my region to play USA games on my PAL Wii U ?

2. Will I be able to change it back to PAL cause I have also Wii Fitness Console and other PAL games?

Thank you for any feedback!

P.S. All what I've purchased is licensed. It's just very frustrating to find out that all the disks I've purchased will not work. Again, my first console.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry, there's no way to play USA WiiU games on a PAL WiiU.
You'll have to sell the games to someone with a USA console.

1. Don't use AnyRegionChanger (Wii homebrew) on your WiiU in Wii mode, it will brick your Wii mode! (it means the console won't boot anymore and will be as useful as a brick, or a paper-weight)
As a main rule for vWii : Do not do anything which alter the existing system files. don't install priiloader, don't patch official IOS (the system files), don't change the region.

2. What you do in Wii mode doesn't affect WiiU.
if you "could" change the vWii region, it would not change the WiiU region.
WiiU and vWii are two separated mode of the console.
The only thing that vWii use from WiiU is the settings (language/network/wiimotes)

3. if you brick your Wii mode, the WiiU will still work on WiiU mode.
You can't get Wii Mode back and will not be able to play your Wii games anymore.

I don't know if Amazon.fr or amazon.de is shipping to Russia, but it would be a better choice to get european version of the games, which often include English and sometime Russian language.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For what its worth if its hard for you to get PAL games you got a friend in the UK who has no problem buying and sending games to you. Long time member here so pretty trustworthy. As I said its an option

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1