How to run TCPGECKO with HBL+Loadiine GX2?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by askara, Jul 29, 2016.

1. askara
    OP

askara GBAtemp Regular

Feb 12, 2013
    How do you actually run TCPGECKO with HBL+Loadiine GX2? i saw some tutorial but it seems most of them is outdated and too many steps skipped for me to understand. can you do it if you host the file yourself?

or can i just edit the save for inf money etc? ( for Tokyo Mirage Sessions EU ). is there any tutorial for this?

2. KytuzuEX

KytuzuEX Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.

Apr 21, 2014
    Puerto Rican can talk either English/Spanish
    I am in the same situation... :(
    I asked many times and seen tutorials but... I just don't understand because of the damn "IP" thing in the PC and then remotely, put codes in WiiU... idk...

3. Vanth88

Vanth88 Private

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Florida
    It depends on what you're using to load the exploit. For me I use HaxServer.jar which was included with the original release of the leaked 5.5.1 exploit. After I run the server I load kexploit31.bin instead of kexploit10.bin (31 is used for tcp), tcpgecko.bin, and then the game. After that I attempt to connect to the Wii U using Gecko_dNet. I say attempt because sometimes it don't work so you have to reset the Wii U and try again.

For loadiine I think you do the same thing except you have to enable tecpgecko in loadiines setting or it won't work. You don't have to do anything else to get it to work but just be sure you use the correct IP, and whatever you do don't use JGeckoU because it won't work.

*EDIT* Added Gecko_dNet in case you couldn't find it

Attached Files:

Last edited by Vanth88, Jul 29, 2016 - Reason: Added Gecko_dNet
    KytuzuEX likes this.
  4. askara
    OP

askara GBAtemp Regular

Feb 12, 2013
    i think my console is 5.3.2(all i rememberis its most popular firmware) the but since i spoofed to 5.5.1 i am not sure. as to what load the exploit with? not sure but i just follow the steps on (http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/) the one for android. and when launch loadiine GX2, i dont see an option for enabling tcpgecko

5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Maybe you are using loadiine GX2 v0.2 ?
    use the latest nightly build (v0.3 beta) to see the TCPGecko option.

6. askara
    OP

askara GBAtemp Regular

Feb 12, 2013
    ohh i am, thanks going to try ver0.3. btw where can i download it? it has all those nightly build and stuff and i not sure which one is V0.3

Last edited by askara, Jul 29, 2016
  7. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    OSv10 v15702
    v0.3 hasn't been released yet, those 'nightly' builds are pre-release versions of v0.3. Use those, they're stable as far as I've tested.

8. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    they are current version released after the official 0.2 release, but before official 0.3 release.
    it's probably confusing, but as lot of people use nightly we can't keep them numbered "0.2" as they are newer than the official 0.2 release.

the version increased to 0.3 before the official release. it's more like "work in progress for v0.3". I guess we could have name them "0.3 beta" but they are not necessarily unstable beta releases, just intermediate versions.
    Current latest stable release is loadiine gx2 0dffac5