Hacking how to run SX OS and Atmosphere on the same microSD ?

Covert Maverick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had only SX OS on my MicroSD. Files included were boot.dat, license.dat, Emutendo and Nintendo folders. But when I tried putting atmosphere and all the other files/folders that came with it and now I can't boot into SX OS properly or Atmosphere...

how do I organize my files/folders so everything loads properly? Appreciate the help...

D

Deleted User

There's no real trick you just install atmosphere on the same card like you would normally install atmosphere with patches etc... They will not conflict with each other just because they're on the same sd. Now if you want to switch between the two without rebooting it does require certain programs. I use Reboot to payload to load atmosphere and Reboot autoboot to load sx os. These are both homebrew apps so I can just load either sx os or atmosphere from homebrew menu. I'm sure you can google or search gbatemp for both of them I don't have links.

I am unsure why you can't boot into either though because like I said the two do not conflict with each other. I've been using both for over a year. What firmware are you on and make sure you have latest sx os and latest atmosphere with patches or the ones that match the firmware you're on.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Covert Maverick

Covert Maverick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no real trick you just install atmosphere on the same card like you would normally install atmosphere with patches etc... They will not conflict with each other just because they're on the same sd. Now if you want to switch between the two without rebooting it does require certain programs. I use Reboot to payload to load atmosphere and Reboot autoboot to load sx os. These are both homebrew apps so I can just load either sx os or atmosphere from homebrew menu. I'm sure you can google or search gbatemp for both of them I don't have links.

I am unsure why you can't boot into either though because like I said the two do not conflict with each other. I've been using both for over a year. What firmware are you on and make sure you have latest sx os and latest atmosphere with patches or the ones that match the firmware you're on.
I'll try reboot thanks! How can I play games off my USB flashdrive in SX OS? Will i be able to switch between Docked/Undocked while playing a game off a flashdrive?

D

Deleted User

I'll try reboot thanks! How can I play games off my USB flashdrive in SX OS? Will i be able to switch between Docked/Undocked while playing a game off a flashdrive?

No you can't switch like that unless you have a certain kind of converter that can hook up your flash drive while portable can't remember something type c to type a but that may be wrong. To play games off flashdrive they need to be in XCI format. NSP format is only for installing games to sd card. NSP is the most common game you will see, but there is a way to convert them from NSP to XCI with NSC Builder.

Covert Maverick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you can't switch like that unless you have a certain kind of converter that can hook up your flash drive while portable can't remember something type c to type a but that may be wrong. To play games off flashdrive they need to be in XCI format. NSP format is only for installing games to sd card. NSP is the most common game you will see, but there is a way to convert them from NSP to XCI with NSC Builder.
Appreciate the help! Can you please send a link to NSC builder? And the flash converter if possible? Thank you!

Covert Maverick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 8.14.18 PM.png
Appreciate the help! Can you please send a link to NSC builder? And the flash converter if possible? Thank you!
When I try to boot into Sept (Atmosphere) using the Hekate BIN i get the following error...
"Unknown Pkg1 version HOS Version not supported or emuMMC corrupt..."
IMG_8283.jpg

My file structure looks like this...
(root of microSD)
-atmosphere
-boot.dat
-bootlader
-emuMMC
-Emutendo
-license.dat
-Nintendo
-sept
-Switch

Is there something wrong with my file structure or a file in my root of SD?

D

Deleted User

You don't have to use Hekate. Just run the payload fusee-primary from TegraRCMGui and it should boot directly into Atmosphere. fusee-primary is found when you download Atmosphere from the github.

I don't use Hekate, so I can't help with that.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 227253
When I try to boot into Sept (Atmosphere) using the Hekate BIN i get the following error...
"Unknown Pkg1 version HOS Version not supported or emuMMC corrupt..."
View attachment 227250

My file structure looks like this...
(root of microSD)
-atmosphere
-boot.dat
-bootlader
-emuMMC
-Emutendo
-license.dat
-Nintendo
-sept
-Switch

Is there something wrong with my file structure or a file in my root of SD?
HOS version not supported means you are booting a version of CFW that does not support the firmware version of HOS that you are trying to boot into.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sound bars are a scam
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No comment on whatever particular unit Kennie bought, don't really care
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Just, in general, sound bars are a scam.
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    An actual decent to good sound bar is going to be as expensive as a lower end home theater in a box system with less functionality and a poorer sound stage
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Which is to say you're spending so much money to still have 100% of the sound come from the bottom of the TV.
    Gift
  • KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie:
    As long as it sounds good that's all I give a fuck about lol
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    aye long as you're happy with your purchase that's the important part
    Gift
    You really can't judge based on video reviews as it's not the pure sound coming from it
    Gift
    So any product reviewer can just say spend $200 more on this cause it sounds better be your own judge
    Gift
    Plus stores have that 30 day return thing if you're not happy with it return it it shouldn't need to be a huge deal lol
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I gotta sit down for a bit and play around with the new surround receiver I bought
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Does everything I need it to however it's got some peculiarities that either I'm just being big dumb and not understanding right, or are a complete dealbreaker
    Gift
    I'd love to own a good klipsch or Yamaha receiver but I don't really need to spend $200+ on a receiver living in a single bedroom apartment
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    *looks around nervously at single bedroom apartment*
    Gift
    As long as it booms out the crackhead I live around it's good enough
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Funny that, I actually just replaced a Yamaha receiver, replaced it with a manufacturer refurbished Denon unit
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Only reason for replacing is that the Yamaha unit was like 8 years old and didn't support 4k video
    Gift
    Denon makes good shit
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    And now that I think of it, only a single device that's plugged into it is even capable of outputting a 4k signal anyway lmfao
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    my chromecast
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ps4, xbox one, switch, all 1080p I think. I don't have the ps5 or xsx yet
    Gift
    I wish Marshall could make good 7.1 receivers but they're more amp related
    Gift
    And audio technica