MrNintendosense
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I Have found a way to Run Super Metroid with less graphical issues in snemulDS use the ips patch located here it optimizes Decompression and better emulation as a whole. then under advanced settings turn block priority off this alows the pause menu and game screen to function properly.
Also i recomend
changing your screen Layout Options to
hud: squish
yscrooll: +24
Scaling: no scaling

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
okay, good for you?

Oh I see
smile.gif
That's great news for those who want to play SM on DS!

(Sorry for my "troll"-ish post before, but when all it said was "i know how to play it good" i thought it was fitting).

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn stupid topic. Should be about getting N64 games or Mario RPG to work.
mad.gif

(serious- facepalm)

EDIT- Oh wow, he actually added something relevant....oops, already marked it before he did... lmao

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone needs to chill. The dude was attempting to help people play Super Metroid on snemulDS with less of the problems that definitely DO exist in that emulator. Quit trolling or I'll start handing out warns.

Also, I fixed the topic title.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder- not sure if that was sarcasm, but you do realize he edited that information in some minutes after making the topic right?
tongue.gif

BTW, I think you have to set one of the background options to ON to get the map screen to show up while pausing.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I saw was a lefit post and people appearing to troll him. No, I didn't realize he edited it with appropriate content.

Carry on.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No reason to now, all that was in the original post was just that he said he can run Metroid 3 better, no settings or the patch. Actually, i'm curious to know what the patch does... but I'm too lazy to try to apply it and see what happens. lmao

freshness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
used (JU) and doesn´t work for me...no music, after the selection the screen turns black...

okey this version was fucked up...now i use the (e) version..

after a short test: don´t expect too much, but he´s right, emultaion is better..i will play until kraid appears, cause that was the reason why i stopped playin metroid 3 on ds...that fuckin graphical issue with him freaks me out...

Mr.Mister

Trophies
Website
forum.72dpiarmy.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to do a 3 week bump on the thread but...

1) Great IPS patch, Super Metroid now runs nearly perfect without use of speed hacks.
2) Does anyone know of any similar patches for other SNES games that would make them run better on SnemulDS?

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mr.Mister said:
1) Great IPS patch, Super Metroid now runs nearly perfect without use of speed hacks.
Mind naming specific things that it improves? I ask because after applying the patch, it seems to run exactly the same as the unpatched version did on SNemulDS 0.6 WIP (near perfect). I haven't fought Kraid yet, which was the only real graphical glitch I ever saw in the unpatched game.

EDIT: Kraid, the big-mouthed Norfair boss (Golgimire?), and the Wrecked Ship boss (Phantoom?) all still have big graphical problems. I'm gonna assume the remaining bosses will as well. Still don't see what the patch does.

Mr.Mister

Trophies
Website
forum.72dpiarmy.com
XP
Country
United States
After playing about half-way through the patched version...

1) It makes emulation a whole lot accurate on SnemulDS.
2) Speed is boosted by 10%.

Also, can anyone please tell me if there are more patches like this for other SNES games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi