OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

Need help.
I have a NDSL XL with CFW Luma, latest firmware 11.6.0.39 and I bought a R4i Gold flashcard.
I have another stock 3DS version 11.6.0.39E. The flashcard is not recognized on the stock DS
The flashcard is recognized on the NDS with the CFW but to update the flashcard I need to run R4iGold_3DS62_Patch_NDSi_3DS.nds
How do I run R4iGold_3DS62_Patch_NDSi_3DS.nds on the CFW NDS?
I think it's not possible to upgrade the flashcard with the stock NDS.

If I want to install ntrboothax flasher, do I need to upgrade first the flashcard with the patch?

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get the woodr4 files for it from r4ids.cn, then put the patch nds on the sd card with the files. Put the sd card into the flashcart and run it from your NDS. Then select it from the menu, once it loads press A and don't power it off until succeds (Yes they spelled it wrong) Is displayed. You can now turn off your DS and it will work on the 3DS

Olbrechts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi Boured,

When I select the flashcard on the NDS with CFW, I have black screen and nothing happens.
This what I have copied to the sd card of the flashcard : woodr4 files + patch NDSL
upload_2017-11-5_18-39-0.png

Boured

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Boured,

When I select the flashcard on the NDS with CFW, I have black screen and nothing happens.
This what I have copied to the sd card of the flashcard : woodr4 files + patch NDSL
View attachment 104874
Alright, by NDS do you mean 3DS or a DSi with HiyaCFW? Or maybe a DS Lite with Flashme?

Olbrechts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have a New 3DS XL with CFW Boot9strap, Luma & Homebreuw Launcher & FBI. On this 3DS, I see the flashcard but when I select it, black screen. Firmware version 11.6.0.39. On the SD card of the flashcard I have copied R4iGold_3DS62_Patch_NDSi_3DS.nds (also tested with R4iGold_3DS62_Patch_NDSL_3DS.nds) and Wood R4.
I have an old 3DS stock firmware version 11.6.0.39. The flashcard is not recognized at all.
The purpose of the flashcard is to install ntrboot to use for the stock old 3DS.

But I can not install the R4i gold patch.
Do I need it for the ntrboot?

Attachments

• R4i 3DS Gold RTS.jpg
    R4i 3DS Gold RTS.jpg
    499.5 KB · Views: 341

Boured

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a New 3DS XL with CFW Boot9strap, Luma & Homebreuw Launcher & FBI. On this 3DS, I see the flashcard but when I select it, black screen. Firmware version 11.6.0.39. On the SD card of the flashcard I have copied R4iGold_3DS62_Patch_NDSi_3DS.nds (also tested with R4iGold_3DS62_Patch_NDSL_3DS.nds) and Wood R4.
I have an old 3DS stock firmware version 11.6.0.39. The flashcard is not recognized at all.
The purpose of the flashcard is to install ntrboot to use for the stock old 3DS.

But I can not install the R4i gold patch.
Do I need it for the ntrboot?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/twl-slot-1-launcher-first-custom-dsiware-app.414501/

This will get passed whitelists, so it will run your cart regardless of whether it's patched. It even runs the original R4

Olbrechts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Attachments

• R4i 3DS Gold RTS 2.jpg
    R4i 3DS Gold RTS 2.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 634

Skur3byk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Download the "newest" wood kernel from their site (that is written on the card itself), follow the instructions (drag and drop) then launch .nds file from within wood kernel.

Also, i ran ntrboothax on this card without any patches etc, and my card works on stock n3ds...

Last edited by Skur3byk,

Olbrechts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wood kernel does not start on the new 3ds CFW. I get black screen when choosing the flashcard.
I installed R4CartLauncher_AnyKernel with wood kernel on flashcard and started R4CartLauncher.Same result black screen

Last edited by Olbrechts,

Olbrechts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I tried to update first the kernel of the flashcard before installing the ntrbootflasher.
If I don't update the kernel o the flashcard, and I flash the flashcard with the ntrboot_flasher, will the flashcard be recognized by the stock DS

DEEP_STEEL

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I tried to update first the kernel of the flashcard before installing the ntrbootflasher.
If I don't update the kernel o the flashcard, and I flash the flashcard with the ntrboot_flasher, will the flashcard be recognized by the stock DS

just try to flash without updating the kernel, it should be able to flash
and take a backup before you try to flash the card....

Olbrechts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A backup of the flashcard? How do I take a backup of the flashcard. Is the backup something like R4i Gold 3DS RTS HW A7 Flashrom?

Olbrechts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have copied ntrboot flasher to luma/payload
I have copied boot9strap_ntr to ntrboot folder on the sd card of the 3DS.
When I start luma3DS chainloader, I don't see the ntrboot flasher in the menu, only hourglass9 & GodMode9.

I never will get this flashcard working. :nayps3:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.