Tutorial  Updated

How to run PSP Emulator on the Xbox One

I've been away from the forums for awhile now. It's nice to be back. Before I begin this tutorial I would encourage everyone to only use backups of games which they actually own. I do not support piracy.

UPDATE: This tutorial still works however I would recommend taking a look at the new tutorial. It is much easier to install and recommended.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...asy-to-install-runs-fast.468051/#post-7251088

IMPORTANT- You Must Have Developer Mode Activated On Your Xbox One. I won't cover that here there are plenty of tutorials on how to get it.

Prerequesities- Xbox One with Developer Mode Activated, Windows 10 PC, Visual Studio 2017 (2015 could work but I tested with and wrote this guide for VS 2017)

Get Git Here https://git-scm.com/download/win
Get Visual Studio 2017 Here https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/
More Info on Developer Mode for Xbox One Here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/xbox-apps/devkit-activation

Before Starting this tutorial please make sure that you have developer mode enabled on your Windows 10 PC. You can do this by going to Settings --> Updates and Security --> For Developers. It should look like this

mcBgwhJ.png

Part 1- Getting Started
[1.] Download Git on your PC, You will want to install it using the default options

3FLJSLp.png

Once Installed It should look exactly like this

[2.] Once downloaded open it up and type mkdir programming
[3.] Next type cd programming
[4.] You are now inside of the directory you just created so go ahead and clone the repo

git clone http://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp.git ppsspp

[5.] Once finished you will change into the ppssspp directory by typing cd ppsspp
[6.] Once in the ppsspp directory you will now clone the submodule. Fair warning this may take awhile

git submodule update --init

[7.] Next you will update the source again

git pull -v --progress "origin"

Followed by another

git submodule update --init

Part 2- Lets get Visual
[1.] Once finished you will now go into your File Explorer on your computer. Navigate to the ppsspp directory for me this was in C:/Users/myname/programming/ppsspp and click on the UWP Folder, once inside load the PPSSPP_UWP.sln file. It will Open inside of Visual Studio.

Note- Upon opening you may be prompted to install the UWP C++ Development tools if you have not already. If you are go ahead and download and install that, then continue with the tutorial.

[2.] Next you will click on the solution and then from there you will want to go down to properties down on the right hand corner of Visual Studio and set the Startup project to PPSSPP_UWP.

8d8RtuH.png

[3.] Once this is done you will right click on the solution and select Retarget Solution. Make sure and set the Windows SDk Min Version to 10.0.14393.0 and the Max Version to 10.0.15063.0. then hit okay.

81386466-8359-474c-8be4-4008df3739b3
81386466-8359-474c-8be4-4008df3739b3
S6OXU26.png

[4.] Next to where it says Debug on the top pane it should say win32. Change this to x64

[5.] You should be set to build so go ahead and build it (It may take a bit)

[6.] Once finished you need to establish a remote connection with your Xbox One. Go ahead and switch your Xbox One over to developer mode. Now when you turn it on note the I.P. Address at the top.

[7.] In Visual Studio up at the top go ahead and select Remote Machine. From there go to the Debug Menu and drop down to PPSSPP_UWP Properties. Go to Debugging, and where it says Machine Name enter the IP Address of your Xbox One console. Hit apply and ok

YkGAOfK.png

Alternatively instead of entering the IP you can also just enter the hostname which should be XboxOne

Important: Before Deploying make sure you set the build type to "Release".
WKKAQs0.png

It should look exactly like this

[8.] You are now ready to deploy PPSSPP on to the xbox. Just Select the Debug Menu and then select start without debugging. You will then see PPSSPP Launch on your Xbox One where it will be copied over.

d027bb40-8078-494a-aff1-8d83a80c5da6
9ZCE8bb.jpg

If you want to launch homebrew or backup games you will need to have an External HDD or USB Storage device plugged in with your game on it. Also when you leave developer mode make sure that you deselect the option that says "delete sideloaded apps".

I will continue to update this guide and fix typos as well as add pictures for better clarity. Thanks to the Team at PPSSPP for making this UWP Port without it I wouldn't be writing this tutorial right now.

Here is footage of the Emulator running on the Xbox One. The game being tested is Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core. The performance is excellent, It runs at full speed.

If for any reason you have issues with save states or saving in game just uninstall and redeploy PPSSPP to your Xbox One and it will work fine.

Enjoy :yaypsp:

Last edited by wiired24,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Coming.