Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Download the newest Healthii 1.1

If you can run Healthii but get to a point where it prompts you to choose an image and save a tpl, this guide should help. Many users get "Runtime error 53" if they try to proceed any further. The problem that I can see is that tpl.exe is NOT saving the new tpl properly when automated and therefore haults u8comp.exe when it tries to replace the old tpl.

1. Run healthii and choose your system wad and image. check disable splashscreen and then run.

2. When you are prompted to choose an image again, STOP.

3. Close the TPL that is currently open but DO NOT stop healthii. Go to your Healthii folder and copy wadunpack folder to your desktop.

4. Close any open healthii boxes, double check the taskbar.

5. Open tpl.exe and read image. choose your boot image, then choose save tpl to desktop as it_Has_a_US_ENG.tpl (USA REGION)

6. close tpl and open u8comp.exe. Choose Open file and then go to your desktop and choose \wadunpack0000001_app_out\layout\common and open health.ash

7. click on it_Has_a_US_ENG.tpl (USA REGION) and then click "add file". Browse to the tpl you saved earlier on the desktop, it_Has_a_US_ENG.tpl. Replace the existing one and then choose "create file" and save this as the health.ash you just opened.

8. now run u8tool.exe, choose 00000001.app_out as the archive folder, remover .out from the file name above and press pack.

9. now rename the new 00000001.app in wadunpack\ to 00000042.app, copy to SD card and use softmii to install.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hey thanks this is great now I finally could edit my it_Has_a_US_SPA.tpl .....!!!
bow.gif

BTW: is the press A image it_Has_b_US_SPA.tpl..??

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Someone should take the time and write out the entire manual process. This seems like quite a bit of it though, so thanks for sharing.
smile.gif

If every tool was open source, a single program could be created that did everything. Sadly, we're stuck with basic script tools which piggyback off several programs.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well now I just need to know how to make the press A translucent, do you have any idea..?? some people said maybe using .png, but tpl.exe doesn't support it....!!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Skyfallkavu said:
Would it be possible to edit other languages outside the region?

Like it_Has_b_US_JPN.tpl?

Yes I have changed my it_Has_a/b_US_SPA.tpl, but not sure you could add japanese to the US Wii, cause you'll need to insert an entire menu in japanese
laugh.gif

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
Well now I just need to know how to make the press A translucent, do you have any idea..?? some people said maybe using .png, but tpl.exe doesn't support it....!!

QUOTEGally's TPL converter, use a BMP or PNG image (NOT JPG), make sure it is RGB5A3 (not RGB565), click the background color to make it transparent.

thats what a quick google brought up

Skyfallkavu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the US Wii has no Japanese system menu, but it still works if you switch the language in ARC. Some backups like Pikmin and Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat require the system to be in Japanese.

So theoretically it would work?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
HaniKazmi said:
ether2802 said:

QUOTEGally's TPL converter, use a BMP or PNG image (NOT JPG), make sure it is RGB5A3 (not RGB565), click the background color to make it transparent.

thats what a quick google brought up

what a fucking noob, who is that ether2802..??
mad.gif

Skyfallkavu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the Wii think the Japanese language is region free?

I wonder if European languages like Dutch that depend on the PAL region work on the US Wii.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
QUOTE said:
Gally's TPL converter, use a BMP or PNG image (NOT JPG), make sure it is RGB5A3 (not RGB565), click the background color to make it transparent.

well I really want to know where is the "click the background color" to make it transparent, cause there is only "No alpha Color" and I don't think it is the same but who knows, let me try and I'll post back..!!

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
well I really want to know where is the "click the background color" to make it transparent, cause there is only "No alpha Color" and I don't think it is the same but who knows, let me try and I'll post back..!!
Sorry if I've missed the point, but try this:
- click 1
- click 2 (anywhere on the image, should change the transparent colour)
- look at 3 - transp colour should change
tplgally.png

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yeah NOW I know that, but where were you 20 days ago..???
mad.gif

JK
tongue.gif
thanks tho for the answer here, it will make this thread complete...!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.