Homebrew How to Run a Japanese Game on an 11.6 US O3DS with HANS?

Deleted member 414661

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I’m trying to run my copy of Monster Hunter Double Cross with HANS and while it does read the game, I simply have no clue what to select in HANS to make the game boot like normal.

I’m only asking this because the “Region-Free Launcher” Application is nowhere to be seen in the latest iteration of userland Homebrew. What happened to it?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Can't give you any useful advice about HANS except to say it won't work with some games, so you would be better off getting an ntrboot capable flashcart and installing CFW. Then you can install the game and sell your cartridge, or just play the cartridge without too much trouble.

Or wait and see if someone has useful advice for getting it to work in HANS.

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
I’m trying to run my copy of Monster Hunter Double Cross with HANS and while it does read the game, I simply have no clue what to select in HANS to make the game boot like normal.

I’m only asking this because the “Region-Free Launcher” Application is nowhere to be seen in the latest iteration of userland Homebrew. What happened to it?

what do you mean with boot like normal? you say it reads the game, so does it work? or does it crash? what exactly do you want help with here?

Deleted member 414661

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
what do you mean with boot like normal? you say it reads the game, so does it work? or does it crash? what exactly do you want help with here?
HANS reads the game, there are a bunch of settings for me to fiddle with, but besides the settings for language idk what else to set things to. Then it progresses to a different screen and freezes. Game fails to load.

Since the game is Japanese I set region to Japanese and language to Japanese, but idk what to set the other things to in order to make the game work.

Last edited by Deleted member 414661,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning