Hacking How to rip ''00000023.app'' from Wii U

aether12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i need a file named ''00000023.app'' for unbricking my wii u since its illegal to find from internet i can't find the file. My friend also got a european wii u so i can try to rip the file from there but the problem is i don't any idea to do that ! can you guys help me how to do it ?

Pokezuculento

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i need a file named ''00000023.app'' for unbricking my wii u since its illegal to find from internet i can't find the file. My friend also got a european wii u so i can try to rip the file from there but the problem is i don't any idea to do that ! can you guys help me how to do it ?
From what folder is that file?

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a web search. Found the folder it said go to. But I don't have that file in there

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If it is a brick of the vWii system menu (eg attempt to install the priiloader) to restore an original System Menu vWii backup is required; only 2 files are sufficient:
\ slccmpt01 \ title \ 00000001 \ 00000002 \ content \ 00000022.app
\ slccmpt01 \ title \ 00000001 \ 00000002 \ content \ 00000023.app

aether12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did a web search. Found the folder it said go to. But I don't have that file in there

thats strange...thanks anyways !

also someone told me you can try to get the file from "nus downloading" but honestly i don't have any idea

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
NUS downloading is downloading from Nintendo's servers. You have a NUS downloader for that, in this case I believe these files are updates.

aether12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
NUS downloading is downloading from Nintendo's servers. You have a NUS downloader for that, in this case I believe these files are updates.

i believe i still need a unbricked wii u for that.. looks like i will wait one more week for that since my friend went somewhere

thanks everyone ! next week i think my wii u is going to be un-bricked ! (i hope)

Reactions: SuperDan

aether12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You did know this though, as it tells you on the site I linked to that you said you already saw. It tells you exactly where on your Wii U this file is stored.

The problem was how do i access it i can't take that file from my wii u since mines bricked and waiting for my friends

but now i know how to do it

Reactions: OrGoN3

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i've sent you p.m. ;) good luck
It is against gbatemp.net rules to post links to or to pm nintendo copyrighted material you will be suspended or banned from the site for doing so and you have just advertised the fact you have PMd copyrighted material good luck when a mod reads your post.

DarkKnightPT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
First of all i didnt post links, and what i sent him its in gray area its not pirate materials, roms, or whatever related. its just one file he was required to unbrick his vWii.
now what might be ilegal its rominjecting tools, or modding tools for sample, cause you're adultering lincesed/ copyrighted files, or released tools and applications that lend to piracy and thats permited here or at least lightly permited.. plus theres romhacking scene and other stuff that can also be considered copyrighted material infringement.
I'll do you a favor and delete my account.. just thought to let you on a bit of my piece of mind about it.

Have a good day

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all i didnt post links, and what i sent him its in gray area its not pirate materials, roms, or whatever related. its just one file he was required to unbrick his vWii.
now what might be ilegal its rominjecting tools, or modding tools for sample, cause you're adultering lincesed/ copyrighted files, or released tools and applications that lend to piracy and thats permited here or at least lightly permited.. plus theres romhacking scene and other stuff that can also be considered copyrighted material infringement.
I'll do you a favor and delete my account.. just thought to let you on a bit of my piece of mind about it.

Have a good day
That specific file that the OP requested is in fact Nintendo copywrited material. That's why it's against the rules. There's no gray area. If it can be downloaded with NUS then it is copywrited.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes as already has been said by Kafluke there is no grey area with it. System files are Nintendo copyrighted material and that is not allowed on the site either by linking to it or by sending it by PM.

There is also no grey area with homebrew as that is legal as long as the actual program has no copyrighted code in its programming. Yes certain homebrew like WiiU Download helper can be used to download illegal games but they are allowed because its down to the end user to select to use it for piracy the actual programs will not download stuff without the end user actually telling the program to do so. Its exactly the same with emulators as the end user will have to download games and bios files ect the emulator on its own is not illegal if it does not include any copyrighted material in its base code.

Also DarkKnightPT nobody is asking you to delete your account all we are doing is making you aware of the site rules or at the very least hinting to you that if you are going to PM copyrighted material then dont advertise the fact. You wouldn't get drunk then get in your car and post on social media Hey everybody I'm pissed and driving my car cause sure as fuck somebody will snitch to the cops that you are drunk driving same as if you break rules here on the site somebody is sure to report you if a mod does not notice first that is.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That specific file that the OP requested is in fact Nintendo copywrited material. That's why it's against the rules. There's no gray area. If it can be downloaded with NUS then it is copywrited.

Yes as already has been said by Kafluke there is no grey area with it. System files are Nintendo copyrighted material and that is not allowed on the site either by linking to it or by sending it by PM.

There is also no grey area with homebrew as that is legal as long as the actual program has no copyrighted code in its programming. Yes certain homebrew like WiiU Download helper can be used to download illegal games but they are allowed because its down to the end user to select to use it for piracy the actual programs will not download stuff without the end user actually telling the program to do so. Its exactly the same with emulators as the end user will have to download games and bios files ect the emulator on its own is not illegal if it does not include any copyrighted material in its base code.

Also DarkKnightPT nobody is asking you to delete your account all we are doing is making you aware of the site rules or at the very least hinting to you that if you are going to PM copyrighted material then dont advertise the fact. You wouldn't get drunk then get in your car and post on social media Hey everybody I'm pissed and driving my car cause sure as fuck somebody will snitch to the cops that you are drunk driving same as if you break rules here on the site somebody is sure to report you if a mod does not notice first that is.

I understand the file is copyrighted Nintendo property, but one aspect I find strange is why is it not allowed to share from one Wii U owner to another. For example, let's say Wii U owner BOB has managed to screw up a vWii IOS on his Wii U. He asks on the forum if someone could give him a good vWii IOS wad as a replacement. The IOS is useless to anyone who doesn't own a Wii U. Since BOB bought his Wii U, it came with this IOS installed, out of the box, and he was legally entitled to use it. So why can't he get the exact same IOS from some guy on the internet? An analogy would be downloading a SNES rom for a game which you own the original cart at home. You don't have the equipment to dump the cart yourself, but I believe it is legal to download the rom in that specific example. Of course, people download roms for games they don't own, and they are usable, but in the case of BOB's IOS, if he downloaded his IOS from some guy, and he doesn't own a Wii U, what he downloaded is useless to him. You get what I'm saying? Besides, the file is not posted in public for thousands of people to download. And even if it was, why would someone download a Wii U IOS, if he doesn't own a Wii U? If someone owns a Wii U, he's entitled to use all the IOS it came with. That's fair use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1