How to return a version at 9.x up to 9.5.0-22 ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Luky2000, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Luky2000
    OP

Luky2000 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2015
    Belgium
    Hello,

Unfortunately my console is version 9.8 and I must have between 9.0 and 9.5 for a hack on my game ACNL you have the solution ?

Please ! :(

2. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    If you don't already have a backup of your system's internal memory at 9.5 or lower, you're out of luck. Even if you did, you'd need to have extra hardware installed on your system to be able to write that backup onto the system.

3. Luky2000
    OP

Luky2000 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2015
    Belgium
    If I have a backup, but how we add on our 3DS? is a backup on my old SD card

4. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    Making a backup would have required using specific tools and effort - if you don't know if you have one, then you very likely do not have one. It's not something that would have been done accidentally or automatically, and it's not something Nintendo or any games would let you create.

Even assuming you did have one, at system 9.8 there's no way to write it back to the system without a custom NAND-writing tool soldered into your system.

5. Luky2000
    OP

Luky2000 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2015
    Belgium
    Ah you not speak of an SD card? because I have the records when I was a version 9.3, the files I put in my computer, it's not his to tell you?

6. MeisterFenster

MeisterFenster GBAtemp Regular

Nov 18, 2014
    Gambia, The
    No, he is talking about the NAND. If you dont have a lower version copy of that (it looks like you havent) you are out of luck.

7. Luky2000
    OP

Luky2000 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2015
    Belgium
    no I could not do its :(

8. innercy

innercy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 22, 2006
    u can either wait or buy another 3ds. else nothing u can do.

9. Luky2000
    OP

Luky2000 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2015
    Belgium
    There is another means for version 9.8? because it is through this connection that I learned but I do not know if there is another way for the other version? https://gbatemp.net/threads/spider-animal-crossing-new-leaf-ram-editor.382965/

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Or a way for my version supported

10. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    no. if it had, it would already be mentioned.

your console must be at max 9.5.0-22
    above that, you can only wait, until someone find a way to hack it...

no nand backup, no old version...
    and before you ask, no you can't use another 3ds nand backup.
    i tried to search about the hardmode, but you can do that yourself, however i found this thread with people talking about it, you can get an idea how its done
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-hardmod.372859/

keep in mind, hardmod\nand backup now, only will make a copy of 9.8 version. but you can this backup for the future if someone finds a way to hack 9.8...
    unless you never update the console again... this case you will not need backup for future proof, but you will be unable to access most online functions and an annoying box to refuse the update..