Hacking How to restore NAND.bin?

ander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
After messing around with things (TinyFormat, damn you), I've erased all the games and softwares I had on sysNAND, in an attempt to copy them on emuNAND.
I know that in EmuNAND9 there is a way to clone NAND.bin to emuNAND, but doing so makes FBI work less efficiently (it still install games, but not DLC). I was wondering, how do I clone NAND.bin to sysNAND?

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
After messing around with things (TinyFormat, damn you), I've erased all the games and softwares I had on sysNAND, in an attempt to copy them on emuNAND.
I know that in EmuNAND9 there is a way to clone NAND.bin to emuNAND, but doing so makes FBI work less efficiently (it still install games, but not DLC). I was wondering, how do I clone NAND.bin to sysNAND?
With a hardmod I would assume, I don't there's a way to do it without hardmodding.

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
use gateway.menu
download latest gateway launcher.dat from official web site.

put .dat on your root of sd card and put 3dsx on 3ds folder like another homebrew.
then launch gateway menu from hbl.

holding dpad up and select downgrade.

ander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Downgrade? Wait, I don't need to downgrade anything... I have Cakes CFW with the two NANDs unlinked, I just want to clone the previous NAND.bin (got when CFW was installed) to sysNAND. Like "Clone NAND.bin to EmuNAND" in EmuMAND9, got it?

Sorry, I'm a total noob lol

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
but you need CN1.1 entry point sorry for this. edit it can launch from 2.5hax.
mPPjSgT.jpg

Last edited by Februarysn0w,

ander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, then... I must boot GW from the HB menu, and then press A while holding L, right?
One final question: where must NAND.bin be placed?

And I've googled it, and didn't find anything... Also, I'm new here, so I don't know exactly where to put my threads. Sorry for the mistake.

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, then... I must boot GW from the HB menu, and then press A while holding L, right?
One final question: where must NAND.bin be placed?

And I've googled it, and didn't find anything... Also, I'm new here, so I don't know exactly where to put my threads. Sorry for the mistake.

Nope, read again please...

ander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
*up, sorry... I'm used to menuhax lol
So, I must press A while holding up, got it. I'll try it, thanks.

jsa

Trophies
Website
muffinti.me
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I need to do the same - I made a SysNAND backup just after downgrading to 9.2 and I want to restore to that backup.

Could someone help me in finding the Gateway menu?

ander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
According to Februarysn0w, there is an official site... If you find it before me, would you post it here? I'll do the same if I find it before you!

Trixcalibur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I need to do the same - I made a SysNAND backup just after downgrading to 9.2 and I want to restore to that backup.

Could someone help me in finding the Gateway menu?
According to Februarysn0w, there is an official site... If you find it before me, would you post it here? I'll do the same if I find it before you!
The launcher.dat is here : http://maxconsole.com/maxconsole_files/gateway/GW-ULTRA-3-7-1-BETA.zip in the "GW_Ultra_3.7.1_BETA" folder

Reactions: jsa

ander

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I decided to just restore my NAND.bin to EmuNAND to save a whole load of kerfuffle (don't plan on pirating anyways) so yay :D

Ah! TRAITOR!!! I thought you were my frieeeendddd :c

I'm quite an idiot, forgive me lol. Good luck!

However, that GateWay thing worked! I now have a fresh sysNAND!
After done this (and clonend NAND.bin to emuNAND), I was wondering... Now that I have identhical sys and emu unlinked, is there a way to link them again? You now, for that FBI thing, and get it full operative. I'll then dump H&S, inject FBI, and unlink them again, this was my plan.
Is it possible to link the two NANDs again, then?

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah! TRAITOR!!! I thought you were my frieeeendddd :c

I'm quite an idiot, forgive me lol. Good luck!

However, that GateWay thing worked! I now have a fresh sysNAND!
After done this (and clonend NAND.bin to emuNAND), I was wondering... Now that I have identhical sys and emu unlinked, is there a way to link them again? You now, for that FBI thing, and get it full operative. I'll then dump H&S, inject FBI, and unlink them again, this was my plan.
Is it possible to link the two NANDs again, then?
good job

no

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question. If you create a nand backup then downgrade, can you restore the backup once you're on 9.2 to go back to 10.3 for example?
In case the downgrade partially downgrades?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr