Homebrew How to restore N3ds as if it had never been hacked?

Hug0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
is there anyway to roll back my n3ds system as if it had never been hacked?
I hacked my device earlier but no big difference happened according to me. Can I turn everthing back somehow, I couldn't find any tutorial for that. I've got Sysnand backup or file9 folder etc.
please help

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What fw are you on?
If you're on 11.3 and have a nand backup, currently you will have to do a hardmod.
If you're on 11.2 or lower you can rehack it, and then if you have a nand backup you could restore it.

Edit: This is all assuming you don't currently have a9lh

Last edited by x65943,

Infidel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use decrypt9 to restore your NAND backup that you made when followed the guide. Assuming you used 3ds.guide

Hug0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What fw are you on?
If you're on 11.3 and have a nand backup, currently you will have to do a hardmod.
If you're on 11.2 or lower you can rehack it, and then if you have a nand backup you could restore it.

Edit: This is all assuming you don't currently have a9lh

thanks for answer, No I am still on v11.2.0.35E, I followed 3ds.guide website to hack my console but there is no tutorial for restore it back or I couldn't understand how to do :unsure:. You meant that the way is rehacking ? and where shloud I start for complate restore?
thank you

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for answer, No I am still on v11.2.0.35E, I followed 3ds.guide website to hack my console but there is no tutorial for restore it back or I couldn't understand how to do :unsure:. You meant that the way is rehacking ? and where shloud I start for complate restore?
thank you
Ah, okay. You want to get rid of a9lh? Why?

There are a lot of awesome features that come along with it. Install unsigned cias, use custom themes, brick protection, nand rewritability etc.

Is there an issue it has that you think would be fixed by getting rid of a9lh or something?

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Realy, is it so easy ?
only have to do, find my nand back up and restore it with decrypt9?
thanks
Yeah that's all. But like I said, I don't recommend it. You can't rehack it afterwards because the newest fw has blocked the methods.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah that's all. But like I said, I don't recommend it. You can't rehack it afterwards because the newest fw has blocked the methods.
Actually, SafeA9LHInstaller can uninstall A9LH.

Reactions: Kyubnyan and x65943

Hug0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, okay. You want to get rid of a9lh? Why?

There are a lot of awesome features that come along with it. Install unsigned cias, use custom themes, brick protection, nand rewritability etc.

Is there an issue it has that you think would be fixed by getting rid of a9lh or something?

yeah you are maybe right. maybe I could enjoy it in time, the thing is I've got few games which is I playing online but on this firmware this is not possible i think, need to update to v11.3 right ?

Toady231

Intellectual saviour of the masses
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah you are maybe right. maybe I could enjoy it in time, the thing is I've got few games which is I playing online but on this firmware this is not possible i think, need to update to v11.3 right ?
As long as you update Luma to the latest one. You can update your 11.3. cos I have. I've got access to homebrew launcher and can go online. Ntr selecter works too. So there's no real reason to put your system back to stock. Plenty of good reasons to keep a9lh and luma 3ds.

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
If you do restore you nand and update then you'll have a console that doesn't have a9hl on it, or CFW.

If you want to rehack it later on in 11.3, it won't be possible because this current version has basically blocked it.

Hug0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wow, I realy confused right now. anyway lets say there is no hack for v11.3 or it will not be near either, I decided to stay on v11.2 fw with a9hl, is there any way to play online my cartridge games?

Infidel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, I realy confused right now. anyway lets say there is no hack for v11.3 or it will not be near either, I decided to stay on v11.2 fw with a9hl, is there any way to play online my cartridge games?
If you have Luma 6.6 just update your 3ds through system settings to 11.3 you will be fine.

Hug0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Attachments

• File_000.jpeg
    File_000.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 245

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a9lh (which you do) and are using newest luma (6.6), update your system like you normally would. It is safe, you will not lose hax.

Edit: ninja'd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.