How to Restore H&S app to stock?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Jair, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Jair
    OP

Jair Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2016
    Peru
    In case I need to take my 3DS to Nintendo for repairs. I don't have a backup of the original hs.app for my 3ds. Is there a way I can reinstall the H&S or something?

2. zoogie

zoogie playing around in the dsiware

Nov 30, 2014
    Micronesia, Federated States of
    you should have made a nand backup before modding your system. that's the best way to 'clean your tracks' but fixing H&S is obvious, just find the cia of that titleID from a downgrade pack of your same firmware and install it.
    http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list

3. Jair
    OP

Jair Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2016
    Peru
    Now that I remember, I do have a NAND backup, just not the hs.app. But I think reinstalling the cia would be easier. Which version should I use for a USA O3DS on 9.2 Firm?
    The one that says v2051
    I assume it works from 6.1.0-12U forward.

4. zoogie

zoogie playing around in the dsiware

Nov 30, 2014
    Micronesia, Federated States of
    Yes, but not better. Every time you install warez, it leaves a bad ticket in your nand for instance. Best to 'reset with a clean slate' with an early-as-possible nand backup.

It certainly doesn't hurt to reinstall that corrupted H&S if it bothers you though. The nand backup will always be there if you need it.

5. Jair
    OP

Jair Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2016
    Peru
    Didn't know about the bad ticket, I assumed it was a legit cia and would just work as original. If I did have the hs.app, do I just inject that using Decrypt9 and it would be back as original?

6. Sky The Destroyer

Sky The Destroyer Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2016
    United States
    Yep, inject your original hs.app with Decrypt9 and it'll be back to normal.

7. Jair
    OP

Jair Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2016
    Peru
    Thanks.
    If I extract the hs.app from an EmuNAND that still has it intact, I could inject that to the SysNAND correct? Of course assuming the EmuNAND came from the same console.

8. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    This should work fine as it is the same console

9. Jair
    OP

Jair Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2016
    Peru
    Great, thanks everyone.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice