Homebrew How to restore games from emunand

seashell_midwest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a O3DS with original firmware 8.1. I used browserhax to install and use rxtools. worked fine till the latest firmware came. After the update, it gave a black screen when i loaded the rxtool. I realized that i needed to upgrade to luma to get over this issue.

Followed, 3ds.guide to load arm9loaderhax during the installation, i got into trouble when luma will not load hourglass or any other payload. I needed to change hourglass.bin name to arm9loaderhax_si.bin in the root directory to load hourglass or any other payload (gomode9 or decrypt9wip) . after doing this i was able to finish the guide. but unfortunately, all saved games are not coming back.

I looked at my old sd card and see two id, one of them has the games other does not. Now all my games are being saved in the other id. How could i switch the id? I do have my nand.bin and nand_emu.bin.

Last edited by seashell_midwest,

Ichiriki

Trophies
XP
Country
Pfff i don't know how you'd do that, if u still have access to the nand where u had those games, made a backup and try restore with keeping a9lh

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I helped a user just last week with something like this. Simply copy your EmuNAND to your SysNAND and that's it.

If you don't know how to do this.
First Backup your SysNAND and EmuNAND just in case.
Then restore EmuNAND to SysNAND via Hourglass9 or Decrypt9.
The "ID" will be the same one you had running RX tools and boom. Game saves.

Last edited by Natsuru,

seashell_midwest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried it that,now sdmc/Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>, ID0 is that old one, but ID1 is a new id and has a new folder where the games are being installed. how to make ID1 to be same as old one?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
tried it that,now sdmc/Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>, ID0 is that old one, but ID1 is a new id and has a new folder where the games are being installed. how to make ID1 to be same as old one?
If you restore your emuNAND to your sysNAND it will use the old id. Or you can use Luma with emuNAND, just hold Select at boot to access the config, and set it to load emuNAND.

seashell_midwest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a system restore with emunand, got the ID0 to be the same as my old ID0. But now I have new ID1. How do i make the ID1 same as the old ID1. I am using the same SD card as before, but the file location is in files9 folder rather than root. I am wondering if I place my nand_emu.bin in the root directory maybe I will be able to get ID1 same as before.

Any idea how could accomplish that, any help much appreciated.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I did a system restore with emunand, got the ID0 to be the same as my old ID0. But now I have new ID1. How do i make the ID1 same as the old ID1. I am using the same SD card as before, but the file location is in files9 folder rather than root. I am wondering if I place my nand_emu.bin in the root directory maybe I will be able to get ID1 same as before.

Any idea how could accomplish that, any help much appreciated.
Having another ID shouldn't matter as long as the console is reading the right folder and you can see your games?

If it isn't reading the right folder, I remember other people having similar problems. Try backing up your folder as it is now. Then, copy the contents of the bigger folder into the smaller one. See if that helps.

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I place my nand_emu.bin in the root directory maybe I will be able to get ID1 same as before.
Sorry that's not how it works. The bin files are backups, not active system partitions. Your SD card has a partition that contains your EmuNAND
The new ID shouldn't matter. Can you tell us what happened when you restored the NAND?

Reactions: Quantumcat

seashell_midwest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still the saved game not recognized it says " the saved data is not compatible with this verison, so it can't be used"

this is pokemon sun save. used rxtools/title menu and installed the cia to emunand and played the game. Then updated to 11.3 got a black screen so used arm9loaderhax. but unable to get the saved games back. reinstalled the emunand. got back the id0. but id1 not same.

seashell_midwest

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got the saved games back. After installing the EMUNAND to the system and getting the ID0 to be the same but with different ID1 the pokemon sun told the saved games the saved data is not compatible with this verison, so it can't be used. Then went to homebrew used JK Save to export the save game and re-imported the save game. and the saved games were recognized by the pokemon sun...

Ichiriki

Trophies
XP
Country
got the saved games back. After installing the EMUNAND to the system and getting the ID0 to be the same but with different ID1 the pokemon sun told the saved games the saved data is not compatible with this verison, so it can't be used. Then went to homebrew used JK Save to export the save game and re-imported the save game. and the saved games were recognized by the pokemon sun...
Thats interesting XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou