Hacking How to "reset" my Wii and re-mod it?

CharAznable

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So yeah, I've had my Wii modded for ages now, and to be quite honest the whole thing is a mess of various mods. Preloader (the old one, that's no longer supported), BootMii, CIOSCORP, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting too. Point is, I'm starting to get freezes in certain newer games, and I think that getting my Wii up-to-date with the newest IOSes and such would help. And either way, it would be nice to just clean things up a bit.

Anyway, could anyone help me out here and tell me what the best way would be to just clear everything out and get the latest files available? Thanks!

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Or use the guide in my sig, in step 1 tell the automod.bat that you have System Menu 3.1, then proceed from step 3 onwards.
That will uninstall pretty much all mods and remod your Wii in one go. However custom channels will stay...

Edit: You may need to put this modified config.xml into the sciifii folder on your SD card once the automod.bat is done: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K202VSIP

(I really ought to implement a "fix" option into that guide...)

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah that will make his Wii really fresh, but won't that also delete his savegames, the rights to his legally bought VC/Wiiware games, etc.?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lexip; said:
Aren't cioscrapped ios's version maxed out? You might need to uninsall cioscrap before updating.
yeah thats the first thing that should go or youll get all sorts of problems.

QUOTE(elmoreas @ Sep 15 2010, 08:28 AM) Did you make a NAND Backup before doing all those mods? If so I can help you.
oh really? you can help him if he has a NAND backup of his own wii?
then what does bootmii do?

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update the HBC 2 the latest version then run an official Nintendo Update from the Settings that will give u IOS58 (If u don't have it already) then in the HBC launch the HackMii Installer and reinstall the HBC 2 IOS58!

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dn_angel000 said:
Update the HBC 2 the latest version then run an official Nintendo Update from the Settings that will give u IOS58 (If u don't have it already) then in the HBC launch the HackMii Installer and reinstall the HBC 2 IOS58!

Alternatively, you could hit up the modify any wii sticky, grab the up42.zip, load up MMM, load a cios, and install all the ios files inside the "other" folder. Then you will have the latest ios's.

-Erik

elmoreas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If he has a NAND backup made of his own Wii from before it was modded and Bootmii is installed as boot2 then he can in essence return his Wii to about as Virgin as it can get once hacked. And then can try to start over.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
He could also use 'ModMii'

I've used this to 'update' my Pre-Modded Wii when I also started having 'freeze' issues on a couple of games.

No need to 'virginize' the Wii as it will overwrite all necessary ios etc with the latest versions (although using the NAND backup idea above is a good idea IMHO)

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
1 uninstal cioscorp (i think you can use latest darkcorp to do that)
2. download latest ios and rec cios with modmii
3. Install them with a wad manager
4. install latest priiloader

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why everybody seem to recommend modmii...............I would say run the latest version of Pimpmywii, it will check for every cios and will replace bad ones and add missing ones and it's totally customizable.
Once you are done with it, your Wii should be fully hacked and up to date and you will be able to run everything you want from it.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Arm73 said:
Why everybody seem to recommend modmii...............I would say run the latest version of Pimpmywii
That is why I always recommend ModMii -------------------------------------------------------------^^^^^^^^^

- I tried PimpMyWii (although it was an older version) and that's when I started having 'lockups' on my games - so tried ModMii (when it was known as NUSAD) & I've had no problems since

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
CannonFoddr said:
Arm73 said:
Why everybody seem to recommend modmii...............I would say run the latest version of Pimpmywii
That is why I always recommend ModMii -------------------------------------------------------------^^^^^^^^^

- I tried PimpMyWii (although it was an older version) and that's when I started having 'lockups' on my games - so tried ModMii (when it was known as NUSAD) & I've had no problems since
Well I tried a ' fairly ' recent version of Pimpmywii, and everything went smooth as a butter knife and my Wii has never been in better shape.
I feel Pimpmywii is unfairly misjudged , maybe because of some issues with very early releases, but I can assure you, when I used it , it was a pleasure.
It simply analyzed my Wii and gave me a list of outdated/missing cios, and then I had the option to fix whatever I wanted to fix.
What more can you ask for ?

CharAznable

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
See, the big reason I want to re-install all the necessary files on my Wii is because not only are games freezing, but things like the Mii Channel and WiiWare games are freezing too. Or like last night, I tried to load Wii Music. First time, it froze after I selected "Music Videos". Then for the next 6 or 7 tries I got a black screen on startup. Then for no reason at all it worked again, but froze after exiting a menu. The freezes are completely random and I have no idea what's causing it. -_-

So if completely clearing out all the necessary files on my Wii and re-installing them doesn't fix things, I don't know what will.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
CharAznable said:
See, the big reason I want to re-install all the necessary files on my Wii is because not only are games freezing, but things like the Mii Channel and WiiWare games are freezing too. Or like last night, I tried to load Wii Music. First time, it froze after I selected "Music Videos". Then for the next 6 or 7 tries I got a black screen on startup. Then for no reason at all it worked again, but froze after exiting a menu. The freezes are completely random and I have no idea what's causing it. -_-

So if completely clearing out all the necessary files on my Wii and re-installing them doesn't fix things, I don't know what will.

Like I said, PimmyWiiwill update and fix all the problems, why don't you give it a try ?
"Completely clear" your Wii is not necessary and only the most riskily thing you could do.

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would just rehack it all over again since the new hacks (Even though there the same version(s)) will overwrite everything!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.