Hacking how to rescue my hard drive help!

rip-it-up

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi all i have a problem and im not sure if its connected to usb loader gx ,hdd or my cios.

Ive had my 1 tb hard drive for around 6 months with a 500gb wbfs partition and a fat 32 partition of 500gb.

Only really use my wbfs partition which has work perfectly with every game untill now, usb loader gx loads up like normal and i can click on all my games, Then either at the menu screen of the game, or randomly during the game it just crashes.

I've gone back to what i no works.( hermes v4or v5 222 not sure if i upgraded to v5 thinking about it. cios 249 rev 14 and usb loader gx 883) still the same issues.

If i delete the game and reinstall it via disk drive it works again so im thinking my drive is corrupt.

I have the same issues if i use neo gamma r8 so i no it probably not usb loader gx, but i think something happened writing a game to the hard drive via install option on a beta. correct me if I'm wrong please.

I dont think iv upgraded to hermes v5 but im not sure, so im hoping this is the issue. would this be a known bug in v5? I've read a few pages but didnt see anything about this.

If anyone can give me advice id be greatful thanks

tried hermes v4 still same issues. tatsunoko vs capcom crashes on the main menu with the pal version,But the ntsc version works.

can i rule out cios now?

is their any program which will let me repair my wbfs partition, wii game manager has the correct size for every game compare to the est size.

i did put this in the usb loader gx topic but no one answered so ive posted a seperate topic.
thanks in advance

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I would try cIOS rev19 first to be sure (it doesn't have the bugs that previous versions, after the early rev you have had).

You could also copy all your games off then reformat the drive. Sadly there's no way to really fix a WBFS drive if the formatting is messed up...there's nothing like a WBFS Scandisk.

rip-it-up

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply
I'll try cios 249 rev 19 to see if that works ( is their any usb loader which works best with that rev?)

If I have to reformat the hdd i can, It's just that i have 173 discs to copy over to the harddrive so more time consuming than finding a quick fix for repair of the hdd
Any more reply's are welcome cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)