How to repair the Screens on a DS Lite and the Hinge

I have made some videos detailing the replacement of both of the DS screens and the hinge if it becomes cracked. I noticed that Theives_like_US has put up a very detailed tutorial about dissassembling and reassembling the DS and this is not attempt to replace the work he has done as this is a replacement/ fixing tutorial and I just find that some people follow steps easier with a video to help them along.
So without any further delay, the video's.

--------------------------

Bottom Screen

Part 1

Part 2

Top Screen

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Touch Screen

Part 1

Part 2

Hinge

Part 1

Part 2

This is the end of my tutorial and I know that it may be considered an advertisement but if you are looking for parts, dont hesitate to shop at Super Mod Chips for any parts you may need, especially if you are Australian.

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The little piece of plastic just to the left of the LED's broke on my dsl, and now the top flops around pretty loosely (not completely loose, it will stay one click above completely open when sitting flat, but hardly anywhere else,) will just a replacement case fix that?

dreamseller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i hope i dont use this tuts any time soon
biggrin.gif

thanks tho

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I absolutely have no idea how to solder or what that machine and wire was that the video used in replacing the top screen. Can somebody please fill me in?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM