Hacking How to rename *.3DS ROMs like scene relese ?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Good to know, but I fail to see your point. Just because something's been around for ages doesn't mean I should automatically know about it, especially since I personally have no use for these tools.

But if you were saying this for my benefit and not to belittle me, then thank you! :)
wasn't it you who said something like who doesn't use terracopy? or something?

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
?? Why not use the "offline list" program with the 3ds dat file from advanscene.com?
It renames roms, does CRC check, duplicate filter and so on..

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use teracopy, but I have never assumed that anyone else uses it. They should though, it's a lot better than regular copy/move.

Reactions: Nightwish

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
NDSCRC/3DSCRC/EvoCRC can't rename without compressing.
That would be a good idea to add the trimming feature for 3DS games instead of compressing, it's making games about the same size (if not smaller) and it doesn't prevent CRC checking as trimmed bytes can be added back on the fly.

Theory
http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-rom-dump-info.315455/page-22#post-4554774
Trimmer/untrimmer
http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-rom-dump-info.315455/page-22#post-4556456
CRC Checker on trimmed files
http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-rom-dump-info.315455/page-23#post-4580736

(trimming Card2 might not be a good idea, or check if there's a save data first and back it up)

Toonne

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country
Dang. Sorry for the misinformation, i was quite sure the compression was optional. sorry -.-

No problem. I was looking for it and I was expecting it to be something you could select.
I can't find it in any of the other tools posted here either. Kinda strange, isn't it?
Sure, I could also be blind.

RomAnOCrY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The only one i have success, is DS Organizer 6.10
The other one don't recognise my .rar file, neither *.3DS file in sub-directory...

Reactions: robo989

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No problem. I was looking for it and I was expecting it to be something you could select.
I can't find it in any of the other tools posted here either. Kinda strange, isn't it?
Sure, I could also be blind.

Well, as those tools are all meant as collection managers it ain't that strange, especially as most of them came into existence in the days of unencrypted and thus most often better compressible roms. Especially when it came to packaging different releases of the same rom (region, versions, patched/modded) into a single archive, as most often only small parts of the roms were different, thus offering a high compression ratio.

But as EvoCRC ist actively maintained you can drop a ""no compression" feature request over at advanscene.

Alternatively you can set the compression level to zero, thus having to "copy" your roms twice in order to rename them (once for the rename/conversion to zip (no real compression going on at level 0), once for the "extraction").

Search and Sort being an automated process (as well as unpacking all the resulting zips) that would still be easier than renaming by hand.

edit: The roommate of the aunt [insert some more indirections here] of the fishmonger of my sisters piano teacher asked me to mention that some roms floating around on the web are overdumps that have a bunch of \r\n (windows style text line endings) at the end, thus messing up their crc32. So if one of the tools should fail to match some of your roms check their size and the file endings in an hexeditor, untrimmed 3ds roms should end at an +0xF offset, last values being 0xFF.

robo989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...None of these suggestions actually detect any 3DS ROMs even though allegedly supporting them.
I say "none", well tried a few, will now try DS Organizer 6.10 as suggested above, think that's a typo though as google is showing me 6.1.0.0....let's see :)

RomAnOCrY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
...None of these suggestions actually detect any 3DS ROMs even though allegedly supporting them.
I say "none", well tried a few, will now try DS Organizer 6.10 as suggested above, think that's a typo though as google is showing me 6.1.0.0....let's see :)

in DSOrganizer 6.1.0.0, just select :
1 --> "Add" "Standart Import"
2 --> "Queue" , "Queue" bouton and "Start Queue"

Wait ...long long long time !! (you can see log file)
It will copy all *.3DS and unrar/unzip all fille witch are in your ROMs Directory, into an other one with Good ID and Title !

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, as those tools are all meant as collection managers it ain't that strange, especially as most of them came into existence in the days of unencrypted and thus most often better compressible roms. Especially when it came to packaging different releases of the same rom (region, versions, patched/modded) into a single archive, as most often only small parts of the roms were different, thus offering a high compression ratio.

But as EvoCRC ist actively maintained you can drop a ""no compression" feature request over at advanscene.

Alternatively you can set the compression level to zero, thus having to "copy" your roms twice in order to rename them (once for the rename/conversion to zip (no real compression going on at level 0), once for the "extraction").

Search and Sort being an automated process (as well as unpacking all the resulting zips) that would still be easier than renaming by hand.

edit: The roommate of the aunt [insert some more indirections here] of the fishmonger of my sisters piano teacher asked me to mention that some roms floating around on the web are overdumps that have a bunch of \r\n (windows style text line endings) at the end, thus messing up their crc32. So if one of the tools should fail to match some of your roms check their size and the file endings in an hexeditor, untrimmed 3ds roms should end at an +0xF offset, last values being 0xFF.

I see. Thanks.
I know a dead persons sister that told me something about 2 roms not beeing identified. I will tell him to try the hexeditor-thingy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.