How to remove the no sim in ps vita 3G/Wifi model

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by mkdms14, Nov 27, 2013.

1. mkdms14
    OP

mkdms14 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    Title says it all the left hand corner says No Sim. I was wondering if there was anyway to get rid of it? It is really annoying.

2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    As far as I know, your only option is putting in a SIM card. To be fair though, the message only appears on the taskbar, it won't annoy you in-game or anything.

3. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    What's the point of the 3G model really?

You can't game with over 3G, I think AT&T lock you at 200mb download sizes. I mean yeah you could browse the internet or use facebook, twitter, skype. But chances are you have a phone that can do all of that.

4. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    disable mobile network

Setting->network->Mobile Network Settings->untick Mobile Network
    or
    Hold the "Playstation button" touch Mobile Network to make the green "light" go off

i have a 3g vita, but do NOT use the 3g at all
    just in case i would like to use it as some point is nice to have the option to do it

so i have the mobile network disable

3g is nice for near and maps, email, twitter, skype, and a few other things
    yes you can do many of the same thing form a phone but not every one has a phone that can do it

5. mkdms14
    OP

mkdms14 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    Cool thanks for the help everyone. I bought mine today at Best Buy for $169. I didn't specify which PS Vita I wanted and they just gave me a 3G/Wifi model. After looking at the Sim card apparently who ever put this PS Vita together put the Sim card in upside down soo although the sim card was there the console read it as there being no sim card. After putting it in the right way the notice went away.

6. drfsupercenter

drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    I wonder if there's a way to unlock it to use Verizon. I got the Wi-Fi only model since I don't use AT&T... that, and I got it a year ago as a Black Friday deal, it was $200 for the Wi-Fi model, the 3G one wasn't on sale at the time.

7. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Regardless of whether or not you do that, the system will show a message that no SIM card is inserted in it, even when you disable the SIM module altogether.
    I've heard of successful uses of TurboSIM attachments, however you have to verify that you can manually input the APN name. If for whatever reason you cannot do that on your PSVita, using TurboSIM will allow the PSVita to detect the SIM card, however you will not be able to type in the correct APN and it will use the default AT&T one.