Gaming How to remove scratches from the touch screen?

Rico007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greetings everyone, happy almost end of year! Yesterday was my birthday, and a friend of mine gave me a DSi XL she rescued from death, but it's lacking a charger, which I ordered on ebay today, and the other thing... it's really, I mean, REALLY scratched up on the touch screen. She told me the previous owner thought it would be a smart idea to play using sharp pointy objects, namely a knife. The bottom left half of the screen functions a bit weird because of it (registers touch a bit to the right of where I actually touch), and I dunno if that has any solution... If any, do tell. But I want to know if there's any way to remove those scratches from the screen! I know there must be a way, hopefully one that is not too expensive, seeing as how I'm kinda on the poor end (saving all my money for moving away soon).

Plus, I have a Supercard DS One (NOT Supercard DS One i)... will it work on the DSi XL? I think it's on firmware 1.4 or something like that.

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS ONE will not work on the DSiXL, unfortunately.

If you want a cart that does, I recommend you get an Acekard 2i, or if you're in a really bad state for money, the R4i Gold(3DS) will work too.

Rico007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I found this which brings the touch screen plus tools.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180785167961&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Can anyone link me to a reliable guide to do this myself and save myself the handiwork money at the tech shop? It will cost me 10 dollars counting the shipping, I think I can afford that!

Rico007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I found this guide for a DS Lite... will it work with the DSi XL? o-O

http://gbatemp.net/topic/160923-how-to-repair-the-screens-on-a-ds-lite-and-the-hinge/

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you need to make sure your DS will even support the new screen you do buy...

I broke an old DS Lite's top screen, so I gutted the salvagable parts. Bought a new DS Lite, and decided "no point in using up this new screen while the old one isn't broke" put the old screen in, and while it did work to the point of showing me items displayed, the touch functions werent responding at all, it was like playing a DS if the DS didn't have a touch screen. So there may be a screen support issue should you attempt to buy a new screen.

Rico007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fortunately, the screen and tools came in today, and used a videoguide for DSlite that I found elsewhere on the forum. The surgery was a complete success!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1