HOW TO REMOVE SCRATCHES FROM THE DS LITE SHELL???

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by sk4tr09, Feb 5, 2007.

Feb 5, 2007
  1. sk4tr09
    OP

Newcomer sk4tr09 Newbie

United States
    Hi, my daughter has a ds lite but its all scratch up outside of the shell. I have heard that you can use applesauce polish to remove the scratches. Applesauce polish is usually use for to remove scratches from ipods. Has anyone use this to remove the scratches or is there any other way. Please help me out. Thanks and im sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum. I bought this as a gift for her and i would like the ds to last for a long time. [​IMG]

2. kev3458

Member kev3458 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
  3. Takrin

Member Takrin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    hmm i've not tried it on my ds but perhaps glass doctor type scratch remover may work seeing how its safe for plastic (also a removing solution shouldnt be harmful to plastics)

if you dont know what i'm talking about, its those lens doctor thing comes with a spray bottle, tube of liquid, and a buffering cloth. i did own one and tried it on my glasses, it did work decently but its crap if you have to look thru your glasses with it, gave me a headache also...

i beleive brasso works since its corrosive to plastic so it would scare me if i was using it for that purpose.

oh if it isnt deep gashes and scratches try the disk scratch remover from gamestop or something.

Disclaimer:
    all of these are untested but in theory should work, test on a small area before trying so you dont get mad at me

4. TheSpade

Member TheSpade GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You may want to explore iPod products. Since both the iPod and DS use transparent plastic, scratch recovery solutions should work just fine.