How to remove fake tickets from NSP file ("Standard crypto" equivalent) [Ban Risk Mitigation]

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by PsychOsmosis, Sep 17, 2018.

1. wheelira

wheelira Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2019
    Canada
    Hi,
    Do this method still works on firmware 8.1?

2. PsychOsmosis
    OP

PsychOsmosis Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2016
    Canada
    Yup, it still works for base NSPs and for updates (as of 8.0.1, but I would venture a guess that it's the same for 8.1.0), although the jury is still out (I think they fled to Mexico at this point though...) on whether or not it is a good idea to do this for updates.
    I do it for both base games and updates, for what it's worth. Last time I checked, I wasn't banned (although it's been months since I checked, as I have a second Switch for my legit stuff).
    You shouldn't do this process for DLCs, as it just won't work, and probably gets you flagged if you didn't block the telemetry servers on your router (see the post linked in my signature for how to do so, and you should do so if you can).

Since I first created this batch file, this same process has been integrated in the NSP to XCI converters and a few other tools, as it allows games to be played without a ticket.
    It has lost a bit of its relevance, as nowadays most people use a certain eshop replacement, but it still works just as well as it did before.

Last edited by PsychOsmosis, Jul 29, 2019
    wheelira likes this.
  3. wheelira

wheelira Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2019
    Canada
    Thanks for your response! As I understand, there is no way to install DLC NSP without increasing greatly your chances of getting ban. I just saw that Tinfoil 2.10 has a Standard Crypto conversion option when installing a NSP. That's really nice!

About the telemetry servers, I only blocked these two in Pi-Hole. Hope it's enough.
    receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net
    receive-lp1.er.srv.nintendo.net

4. PsychOsmosis
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2016
    Canada
    Honestly, you should also block the following :
    pearljam.hac.lp1.eshop.nintendo.net (Nobody knows what it does and was added in FW 5.0.0 with other piracy detection measures, and blocking it doesn't seem to affect anything in the playing experience, which makes it even more suspicious.)
    beach.hac.lp1.eshop.nintendo.net (Block it if you're on SXOS and use XCI files, as it's the game cart certificate check. It also blocks Gold retrieval from cartridges, so unblock it beforehand if you ever do that with your legit carts. I don't know if it blocks online play on legit carts though. If it does, you'll need to unblock it before playing online on legit game carts. It doesn't affect NSPs and eShop purchases at all.)

And for Tinfoil 2.1.0, it's nice that it's finally included (took them long enough)!
    Yeah, as I said, it's not as relevent anymore now that it's included everywhere, but it still works just as well as it did before.
    The silliest part about this, though, is that it has been available for ages (ever since blawar included the remove_rights argument in nut), and it took me finding out about it, asking blawar what it did, writing this script, and screaming on rooftops a bit for people to actually start using it (well, maybe I give myself too much credit, but that's what it looks like from my point of view anyway)!

Last edited by PsychOsmosis, Jul 31, 2019
  5. slemiz

slemiz Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    PsychOsmosis likes this.
  6. PsychOsmosis
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2016
    Canada
    Indeed, that's also what I found out.

Although, now that SX Installer and Tinfoil both finally support standard crypto conversion natively, I can say with relative certainty that this method is pretty much deprecated.
    But hey, we've had a good run. This method was the gold standard of not getting your Switch banned after installing NSPs for more than a year!

7. blawar

blawar Developer

pip Developer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    Seems like yesterday we were discussing this over github. Time moves too quickly.

PsychOsmosis likes this.
  8. PsychOsmosis
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2016
    Canada
    This is exactly what I was thinking yesterday while I was writing this post and editing the OP.

Last edited by PsychOsmosis, Nov 26, 2019
  9. PsychOsmosis
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2016
    Canada

On an unrelated note, I had been using nut 1.2 to update my local databases with the "-U" argument, but it seems you (or is it Nintendo?) changed the structure of the titles.[region].[language].json files, and now nut displays
    Code:
    Error downloading:info() takes 1 positional argument but 2 were given
    when I try to run the database download.

I tried updating nut but the -U argument is no longer present in the newest updates (> 1.2).

Any thought on how I can get it to work with the new titles.json file structure?
    Perhaps editing nut.py in some way to make it process the two arguments instead of one?

Last edited by PsychOsmosis, Nov 26, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted