How to redownload game from eshop?

ShowtimevonParty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
hello, I have a question, If I have bought and downloaded smash and its dlc from the eshop, and I were to delete it from the sd card to open more storage, then modded my switch, how would I go and redownload it from the eshop if I can't connect the switch to the internet without risk of a ban?

first time making a post, idk if this is the correct place to ask lol

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
If you modded your Switch like a real pirate and installed pirated games,
you most likely will get a console ban by trying to use to the eShop.
I just added CFW and a homebrew videoplayer and Nintendo kicked me off their servers, regardless of all my games being legit.
As a pirate you also should know where to find find pirated goods and dlc content.

Reactions: mathew77

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello, I have a question, If I have bought and downloaded smash and its dlc from the eshop, and I were to delete it from the sd card to open more storage, then modded my switch, how would I go and redownload it from the eshop if I can't connect the switch to the internet without risk of a ban?

first time making a post, idk if this is the correct place to ask lol

You can't without getting ban.

Jeromy22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Youd need to use 90dns/exosphere, then download it from freeshop. You can also never play this smash online using nintendos official p2p service.
Sorry i should elobotate* your 90dns/exo need to be on emu(or you need to restore a clean nand later to go online), you can never play hacked smash online without a very likely ban.
Nothing that ive stated is “misinfo” even before the edit.

Last edited by Jeromy22,

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow ok, a lot of misinformation... listen.. if your switch is hacked right. you should have a emunand with incognito/90dns for all pirated games and homebrew.
Just boot into stock after you've finished hacking your switch, then re-download everything you deleted. you wont get banned. Hell iv been online in cfw for 2yrs now, save editing only mostly, kept all pirated games and cheats to my emunand and iv been fine.

in short. hack your switch, boot to stock, enter eshop and re-download everything you lost. you'll be fine.

You can play online and have pirated stuff on the same switch as long they're separated by a incognito'd emunand and assuming you don't go crazy with homebrew on your nand.

ShowtimevonParty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
wow ok, a lot of misinformation... listen.. if your switch is hacked right. you should have a emunand with incognito/90dns for all pirated games and homebrew.
Just boot into stock after you've finished hacking your switch, then re-download everything you deleted. you wont get banned. Hell iv been online in cfw for 2yrs now, save editing only mostly, kept all pirated games and cheats to my emunand and iv been fine.

in short. hack your switch, boot to stock, enter eshop and re-download everything you lost. you'll be fine.

You can play online and have pirated stuff on the same switch as long they're separated by a incognito'd emunand and assuming you don't go crazy with homebrew on your nand.
how does one "boot to stock"?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

As long the nand is seperated first then it is correct, if he created an emunand from a dirty Sysnand and if he goes online he still would get banned.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't know anything about cfw, but on a stock system you can archive the game, then download it from the home screen. it will have a cloud over the game to indicate this. other option is to go on to the eshop, select your profile picture in the upper right, then go to redownload. it will download the game, latest update, and all dlc you've purchased whenever you click on the game. can't recall if I had issues downloading all games together (it will download 1 or 2 things at a time, but everything is queued). I have 171 games myself with a capped internet, but I was able to get everything. that's about 900GBs with a cap of 1.25TBs. don't stream currently either.

ShowtimevonParty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
It's literally only smash that worries me, what if I don't remove it from the sd card before hacking? or do I have to use an empty sd card to hack a switch? I saw on a tutorial that you need to format it before homebrewing, I saw others ommit this step, so idk what gives

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thought emunand and sysnand stuff were in separate folders. if you used your sysnand, it's probably dirty, so there's now no way to get the content without risk of ban. you could download it to another switch by making it your secondary or even making the new one your primary. I have 4 switches, and all 4 can download my content since I'm using the same eshop account. not sure how many you can have (heard 3 secondaries and 1 primary), but I'm not sure.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how it is on the switch, but the wii u will keep legit tickets even if say you were to install a game with a fake one. a fake one above the legit one will prevent the game from being installed from the eshop. don't sign in though. if you still have a legit ticket on your system, you may be able to install the nsp, then transpose or even delete the fake ticket, leaving on the legit one. it requires hexing. however, this is just how you could do it on the wii u.

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch hack is a tethered hack meaning you have to inject a payload externally (unless trinket'd) to boot into cfw. Your nand is clean so booting to stock then re downloading everything is fine. 0 risk of ban

Reactions: godreborn

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch hack is a tethered hack meaning you have to inject a payload externally (unless trinket'd) to boot into cfw. Your nand is clean so booting to stock then re downloading everything is fine. 0 risk of ban

CFW on Sysnand and OFW shared the same NAND, if he pirated NSP he will get banned, moderated chance for homebrew.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1