Hacking How to recovery a bricked Wii using Bootmii as an IOS??

Bobbarooskie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a quick question about Bootmii. I was only able to install it as a IOS. I backed up my nand and was wondering how I would use Bootmii as an IOS to recovery a bricked wii.

I've tried searching the forums but could only find the steps on how to recover a bricked wii using Bootmii as Boot2.

I'm just about to update my wii to 4.1 using dop-IOS MOD and just want to make sure I know the process before I dive in.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Regards

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
...please just answer his question guys....
so, you open up bootmii, make sure the sd card that has been configured for bootmii (via the hackmii installer, maybe something else) is in the sd slot, and on the bootmii menu go to the settings bit, and the select the icon which looks like 'a sd card, with an arrow going to an sd card'. it will then test restoring the nand, and then it will run it through properly if you choose to. it warns you that it is 'risky' to modify nand without bootmii in boot2.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Priiloader will be the only option of restoring a backup if all you have is bootmii as an ios.

It's the only program that will let you boot into bootmii as ios except for the HBC and if your wii is bricked the only way your going to get into bootmii as ios or hbc is by having priiloader installed.

Bobbarooskie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you everyone for the helpful replies!

I now have priiloader installed and believe I'm now good to go.
grog.gif

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bobbarooskie said:
I now have priiloader installed and believe I'm now good to go.
grog.gif
i read from your OP that you are going to upgrade to 4.1. this will leave you priiloader useless for it will be uninstalled by installing a new system menu.

wes11ph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
yeah. installing new system menu will overwrite priiloader, preloader. the safe way is installing the system menu using wad manager and installing sysmenu IOS. then after you exit wadmanager you'll be forwarded to HBC. then this is now your chance to install preloader or priiloader. before you do this things trucha patched IOS36 first to be sure that you'll be installing preloader or priiloader..

goodluck on (bricking)oopPppss! i mean upgrading!

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
ok guys i need help. my wii is actually bricked. i followed these 2 guides:
http://adewii.wordpress.com/2009/10/17/how...dx-and-bootmii/
http://adewii.wordpress.com/2009/07/28/how...otmii-as-boot2/

I got as far as:
7. On the install screen press +. in the 2nd link and then now everytime I turn on my Wii, it does absolutely nothing. just a blank black screen and I CAN power on my wii using the Wiimote so it is an officially fully bricked wii.

I am about to jump off of my house if I can't get my wii to work properly. I just finished putting in over 25 hours STRAIGHT getting my rb2 drums to work with rb2 game and now this. a fully bricked wii! i'm about to die!!

Hyro-Sama

Trophies
XP
Country
I would have but I didn't see any specific guides explaining how to get my wii's ng-id# without using xyzzy. But how do I fix this wii brick problem??

Hyro-Sama

Trophies
XP
Country
I have 'confirmation' that my wii is fully bricked so it is going in the trash and no wii for me. but don't worry it's not a big deal, i am only a casual gamer anyway so I can now focus on my studies more. thanks for all the help! it was good while it lasted.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended