Hacking How to read parental control keys from a Wii U NAND Dump?

modernvisionpt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mvisionpt.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello,

First of all sorry for my english.

I have a Nintendo Wii U second hand console stuck on Parental Control PIN ou Network ID pin.
I cannot access to another menu or conect to wifi. I try to get a inquiry pin, but no success.

I was thinking, if i make a NAND dump, there is some way to find a PIN? Like the keys!

Thanks

PS: sorry if i post on the wrong section!

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

First of all sorry for my english.

I have a Nintendo Wii U second hand console stuck on Parental Control PIN ou Network ID pin.
I cannot access to another menu or conect to wifi. I try to get a inquiry pin, but no success.

I was thinking, if i make a NAND dump, there is some way to find a PIN? Like the keys!

Thanks

PS: sorry if i post on the wrong section!
try https://mkey.salthax.org/

Reactions: Deleted User

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just mess up the parental control pin and secret questions few times and you should be able to get inquiry pin.

Sorry to say this. I feel like you are trying to steal somebody NNID and looking into dumping and finding about the NNID info. There is no reason for such thing that you can't.

Last edited by tivu100,

modernvisionpt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mvisionpt.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Portugal
@BaamAlex I cannot access by software to anything, i'm stuck on the PIN and fogot password menu, so the only way is by hardware. My idea is make a dump from NAND (by hardware offcourse) and try to find the PIN on the DUMP. I don't know if it is on plain text or encrypted, thats what i'm asking to the experts.

@tivu100 far from that, i boght this on ebay broken for 20€, i fix it and now i'm stuck on parental PIN. I don't need any data only the pin, or make a factory reset by reconstruct the NAND (for example).

I have read here and another sites, without the inquiry number the only way is tring 9999 PIN combination, and i don't what.

Thats all for reply.

modernvisionpt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mvisionpt.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello everyone!

Now, with the lockdown i had more time to spend on this, and if someone could explain this, appreciate.

1st - What NAND part could be PIN saved (SLC, SLCMTTP, OTP, SEEPROM and MLC)?

2nd - Another option is configure a Wifi Network on my WII U, where it can be save, MLC? Can i copy from another dump?

3nd - Can i reconstruct a default NAND with my keys?

In this moment i can extract dump only with hardware, not software.

Thanks and stay safe!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's probably in there somewhere. might have to do some research. I know that you can find it with a 360 NAND dump. however, with that system, you also have the ability to use either the sku/model number or maybe it's the serial number to reset it. you have to go to microsoft's website and input it. kinda defeats the purpose, but it's a good safety precaution if live is blocked on a used system or something.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guys, if you would put 1% of the effort trying to get the PIN into trying to get the inquiry number you would have had resetted the PIN a thousand times by now.

To get the inquiry number do one of the following:
- Click "I forgot" when asked for the PIN or
- Enter the wrong PIN 3 times so you'll get to the security question. Now enter a wrong answer 3 times, too
- Ask some more tech savy friend for help

DestinySky

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Guys, if you would put 1% of the effort trying to get the PIN into trying to get the inquiry number you would have had resetted the PIN a thousand times by now.

To get the inquiry number do one of the following:
- Click "I forgot" when asked for the PIN or
- Enter the wrong PIN 3 times so you'll get to the security question. Now enter a wrong answer 3 times, too

It seems that you don't understand the problem here.
Please reread the thread and all the post.
We cannot even login to the home menu, thus cannot go to setting.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We cannot even login to the home menu, thus cannot go to setting.
I know, I had the exact same problems a few months ago. Me and others where able to get the key, so you should, too. Did you try one of the two options here:
?

DestinySky

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I know, I had the exact same problems a few months ago. Me and others where able to get the key, so you should, too. Did you try one of the two options here:

?
I entered the pin a hundred times, no security questions or anything pop up.
I'm now trying all 10000 combinations.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c