Hacking How to re-install FBI and all other apps after a factory reset ?

RunRun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Hi,
I just followed the guide on 3ds.hacks.guide to install Lumia3ds ( with the soundhax ) on my 3ds and everything worked out in the end .

I then proceded to perform a factory reset from the Settings menu inside the official firmware, so I could start fresh .

Now I don't have any app installed ( which is expected ) but I still have acess to Godmode9 ( when pressing start on boot ) and the Lumia3ds config ( when pressing select on boot ) .

The obvious thing for me was to follow the 3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup steps but they don't work anymore for reasons .
When I try to re-run the "Download Play application" there is stack frame dump and the app doesn't work as expected and I can't access the Homebrew Launcher ( I can still access Rosalina ) .

Part of the guide was about updating the official firmware to the latest release so I did just that and now I don't know what to do and what to follow, I still have the 2 files dumped by Godmode9 ( that are basically the unique image files for my console ) .

How do I re-install all the apps ? ( FBI, lumia update manager, etc etc )

Last edited by RunRun,

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Unless you had something useful to backup, the factory reset would've been the first step on your modding process.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Alternatively to Plailect's "finalizing setup", you could have injected FBI (or DevMenu) into H&S using godmode9 - no need to ever touch a 3dsx and the hackjob they are :)

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Alternatively to Plailect's "finalizing setup", you could have injected FBI (or DevMenu) into H&S using godmode9 - no need to ever touch a 3dsx and the hackjob they are :)
Why this way? Open rosalina menu, inject the hbmenu into the download play app, close rosalina menu and the app, restart it and tada. There you have your hbmenu to install fbi or other homebrews.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why this way? Open rosalina menu, inject the hbmenu into the download play app, close rosalina menu and the app, restart it and tada. There you have your hbmenu to install fbi or other homebrews.
Exactly so that you don't have to ever touch a 3dsx :) more freedom of choice mo' better

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If there's one thing that's a hackjob, it's H&S injecting. Also makes updating FBI difficult unless you like having two copies of FBI on your 3DS, an outdated one injected into H&S and the cia that you can actually update. 3dsx homebrew has been made pretty good thanks to Rosalina and it's far more flexible and reliable than it was with *hax.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's the 3rd option of installing FBI on the CTRNAND which is neither Rosalina Menu (Homebrew Launcher *.3dsx) or GodMode9 (HOME Menu H&S *.cia). Now that's a super hackjob.
Check my signature to learn more.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, sleeping