How to put homebrew channel on wii 4.3 (the easyest way possib

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kazekun, Mar 26, 2011.

1. kazekun
    OP

Member kazekun GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    Alright, a friend of mine, has got a really good deal for a brand new wii only for 100 euros, heres the problems, the wii seems to be one of the newer ones (also its a black model) my friend came to me in hope i could help her hack the wii, but, apart of the indipwn bug on system i am not familiar of how to install homebrew on 4.3 system, also, i readen some of the new wii models wont read backup disks, someone can help me with this ? I searched for an original copy of lego indiana jones, but, all of them are 60 euros, and only 1 freaking shop in the whole country is selling it, with the shipment ports it would go to 80 euros, so, getting lego indi, is kinda out of question, anyone can help me here ?

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Well...lego indiana jones is only one game that can be exploited (on 4.3E). There are others: lego batman, lego star was: the complete saga, Yo gi oh 5D wheelie breakers...and last but no least: super smash bros brawl (yes, there is a PAL exploit now). For more details, check this link.

Your information is correct: newer models (among which all the black ones) won't read backup disks. After the exploit, you'll have to set up a way for USB loading.

3. gene0915

Newcomer gene0915 Advanced Member

United States
    If you can't rent a cheap copy of Lego Indiana Jones, you can use Lego Batman, Lego Star Wars, Super Smash Brothers Brawl or another game (forget the name) to hack Wii's on 4.3 firmware. If you go the route of soft-modding, attach a USB hard drive and no need to worry about being able to read burned DVD's.

4. kazekun
    OP

Portugal
    Oh yea! the super smash thing might save the day, its very recent aint it ? i happen to have original super smash! so it may work out great, i gona give it a look.

5. kazekun
    OP

Portugal
    alright i cheked about the super smash exploit, just to get things clear, after the exploit is on the works, does it work exactly the same way as indiana exploit ? i still kept the files i used for homebrew usbloader, priiloader and so on on mine, so i could just reutilize everything

6. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    I don't know the details of all exploits, but they tend to end in the same way: allow a dol/elf file to be executed (the hackmii installer is usually the best choice). How you get to that end point depends on the exploit (check the link I mentioned earlier...or this thread about the release of that SSBB exploit)...but after the HBC is installed, it really doesn't matter which exploit you used. [​IMG]