How to put color on a Wii game backup

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by victormanuel, Dec 13, 2008.

1. victormanuel
    OP

victormanuel Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    United Stated Of America

hey guys, so here i am. downloading a wii iso of a Wii game that i own, i have no means (yet) of buying a DVD 8164b that will read my wii games (but thats another topic) anywho. I made a copy of a game using Image burn and i plays FINE. the only issue i have is that______ "IT PLAYS IN BLACK AND WHITE COLOR".

do i need a software or maybe a patch to place on the ISO in order to get a color on screen?

i have a non-modded Wii with the HBC and backup launcher Gamma and all the back ups of my Wii play fine exept for this game in particular that has a ( BLACK and WHITE ) color on screen.

any tips or advise will be most appreciated.

2. Sparticuz

Sparticuz Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2008
    United States
    in gamma use force ntsc

3. kallekall

kallekall GBAtemp Regular

Feb 28, 2008
    United States
    Sounds like you are playing a PAL game on your system. Try to download a NTSC version, or do as Sparticuz said.

4. roup

roup Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2008
    Canada

I believe this is your problem because I have the exact same issue. All the NTSC games play fine but the one PAL is in B&W. The question I have .....is there any chance to brick your wii by forcing NSTC on a PAL game while running Starfall, Backup Launcher Gamma and BrickBlocker? or by forcing PAL on my US based system.

5. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    Why would there be ? There isn't as far as I know. Forcing PAL or NTSC just fixes the colors. Another option is to get RGB cable and TV which supports NTSC/PAL color systems. I don't need to force anything and all my NTSC games work perfectly fine without any errors on the colors or picture size on my PAL Wii [​IMG] .

Also, you don't need brickblocker anymore at all.. waste of time to patch your iso's if you have Starfall and Gamma Backup Launcher.