How to put a VC ticket back on the Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bootsector, Jun 21, 2009.

Jun 21, 2009
  1. bootsector
    OP

Member bootsector GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Hi folks!

Is there a way to put a ticket (I think this is the correct name) of a original VC game (SMB3) back on my Wii? I was playing around and doing some tests with System Menu 4.0 and its capacity of playing channels from the SD card and one of my experiments was to move the channel to SD then delete the "remainings" of the channel from the Wii memory using AnyTitleDeleter. System Menu now screams that the channel can't be executed!

I have a bootmii NAND dump and I could restore it to get the tickets back, but it's not my intention to do that. What I want is to know if there is a way to recover the ticket without a NAND restore.

These are other things, aside of the bootmii NAND backup, that maybe could help on restoring the ticket:

:. A non-truched backup of the VC channel (WAD) made with WAD Packer (I get error -1022 if trying to put back on the wii using wad manager)
    :. A WII_FS file system dumped with Wanin's NAND Dumper v1 (I can browse it's contents on the PC).

Any directions are welcome!

Thanks!

2. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    You could get a WAD of it and install it through WadManager. Otherwise unless you didn't back it up it won't ever work again.

Edit: Actually that WII_FS dump would help if you know where to look.

3. bootsector
    OP

Brazil
    Yes, I could get a truched WAD of that, but that's not my intention also, because ShopChannel wouldn't recognize it as an already bought channel. Anyways, I may end up doing that if I can't manage how to restore the original ticket! [​IMG]

Thanks!

4. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    Has anyone actually tried to do so? I am curious, if the Shop Channel would recognize my legally purchased Bomberman '93 if I would restore it's ticket this way (after uninstalling it completely).

5. caitsith2

Member caitsith2 GBAtemp Regular

a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
    Canada
    If wost comes to worst, I myself had issues with installing the original ticket. In my case, it was for FF4 After Years DLC. I got to the point of actually summing up the loss of another 300 points as a lesson learned, except that, although repurchase didn't end up costing anything, because it seems the purchase history is indeed used to decide if you can have that DLC. That may just also be the case with Virtual console games as well.

The only thing is, even if it ends up not costing you the points to "repurchase", you still need to have the points to do it, since the shop channel does check locally that you have them. It is actually the server that decides if it will cost you the points, based on your history.

Also, likewise, even with your ticket currently uninstalled from that one wii, If you had to have that Wii serviced, and it resulted in Nintendo replacing it and transferring the shop account to that new Wii, It seems the shop channel automatically installs EVERY ticket you ever had, generated for that replacement console.

6. bootsector
    OP

Brazil
    This would be a kind of a solution! Anyway, when would that happen? When I try to purchase an already bought game? The problem is that I still need to have points for that! [​IMG]

I still think that might be a way to put the ticket back on the console, given I have them on bootmii dump and WII_FS package!

7. WB3000

Member WB3000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well, if you create the title directory on your Wii, then place only the ticket there, you should be able to download the title again.

8. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    if your shop channel account is attached to you my ninetndo account, a format will work (just the system, don't touch the shop channel account info)

My actual purchases of paper Mario and Kirby 64 had disappeared. I did a format, and boom, there they were in the "already downloaded" section of the shop channel again.

Only thing is if you have preloader installed, make sure you install a different system menu wad or use cIOS downgrader to get rid of it prior to formatting, otherwise, there will be no system menu, lol.

9. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    @OP
    Have you tried getting it in the Shop Channel again? I know the Shop Channel is completely separate from your Wii, so even if you wipe out every ticket, you SHOULD be able to download your titles again.

10. TroyTheZombie

Canada
    yeah, it is, but if ant any point you installed "fake ticket" version of the game, or deleted it through wad manager, it will disappear from the shop channel "previously downloaded titles" section and count you as never having bought it.

Like I said, a format will clear that right up.

Only thing is if you have preloader installed, make sure you install a different system menu wad or use cIOS downgrader to get rid of it prior to formatting, otherwise, there will be no system menu, lol.

11. OriginalHamster

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    I had similar problem, I delete my purchased Sin&Punishment, I delete my ticket by ereasing an injected game that had the same ID as S&P. It even disappear from the WiiShop channel. I install a new S&P in wad form, until then I was in 3.2, strange thing was when I upgrade to 4.0 (months later) and check the WiiShop channel, the game was there again! (?) I have no idea what happened.

12. caitsith2

Member caitsith2 GBAtemp Regular

a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
    Canada
    I think I see why a format seems to restore your redownload rights, if you had them to begin with originally.

What happens, is that a format erases ALL 00010000 (disc), 00010001 (downloaded), 00010004 (disc channels) and 00010005 (DLC) titles. In the process, it also deletes All of there saves, and also deletes all of the 00010002 (system titles) saves too.

For every title that has purchaseable content, a file called ec.cfg is created the first time the game is run, with the instruction to syncronize the tickets. As soon as you access the shop from within the game/channel, the tickets get syncronized again.

For games that have DLC, ec.cfg can be erased if you don't mind losing the save. (in most cases.) Of course, for VC/Wiiware titles, only a format will blow the shop channel ec.cfg away.

If you are on 3.2, you should be able to back up all of your saves prior to the format, using one of the no copy disabling hacks, either via preloader or gecko os. (If preloader, what those guys said above before formatting, after your save backup.)

13. TroyTheZombie

Canada
    you can do the same on 4.0 with preloader .29. Backing up all saves I mean.