How to properly burn Xbox 360 games

A question I get a lot about Xbox 360 flashes is "How do I burn games"? Well, in this guide I will be showing you all the materials required and steps needed in order to properly burn a Xbox 360 for use with a flashed console.

Requirements:
Dual-layer DVD burner
RAR extracting software (WinRAR, RAR Expander, etc.)
ImgBurn
abgx360
Flashed Xbox 360 console (Preferably with latest hacked DVD firmware, LT+ 1.1)
A blank DVD+R DL
Backup or downloaded game

OK, first make sure you have a game downloaded or backed up. If you download a game, it will most likely be in split RAR files, like this:
96119495.png

Now, open the first part (.rar or .r00) and extract the game to your folder of choice. After it finishes extracting, you want to patch it with abgx360. Open abgx, and select your ISO. Set the AutoFix Threshold to level 2 at first. If the game patches with errors, such as unverified PFI or DMI, then set the AutoFix threshold to level 3 and try again. Under the Misc tab, select the region of any and all consoles you will be playing the game on. After you have everything set properly, hit the Launch button. You should see a screen like this:
99822550.png

Now its time to burn the game! Open ImgBurn, and select Write image file to disc. Go to Tools\Settings\, and select the write tab. Click on User Specified for Layer Break, and set it to 1913760. This is crucial, if this is not set the game will not burn properly or play on your 360.
68281962.png

Set your burning speed to 2.4x or 4.0x, depending on what speeds your burner support. 2.4x is preferable. Browse for your game and choose the .dvd file, not the .iso. The game will not burn properly if you burn the .iso. Now click the picture of the file to disc. Your game is burning! Wait until it finishes, and if you did everything right, you should have a working 360 backup!

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why bounce an 18 month old thread of a overly simplified TUT from a banned member?

It's in the Tutorial section. He might have either looked, or actually used the search function to see if he could find an answer to his problem. Rather than make a new thread. Which is always a plus in my book.

Edit: When I had the issue you were describing it was my burner. So either get another one, or ask your friend to burn the games for you if you give him the discs.

Editv2: I had a few games burn, and work okay with my old burner. But out of 25 discs only 3 of the games worked. I had a stack of Gear Of War 3 coasters.

Reactions: 1 person

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Like Devin has already said just take the plunge and get the new burner. The very low end of the iHas line is all you would need to get. I'm not sure how much it would cost where your at but, here in the States it's top price is around 20$.

When C4E changed things up for XGD3 burning I didn't even try using anything else I went straight for a has burner as soon as he announced that they were the ones to get and never had any problems since. I've only ever burned 3 coasters and that was because of figuring out settings in imgburn.

MikeTR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Haha coasters xD.
But wow i expected it to be more expensive, guess i'll go for the new drive then, musn't be too hard or expensive to install it on a laptop.
Thanks for the info guys :D

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Haha coasters xD.
But wow i expected it to be more expensive, guess i'll go for the new drive then, musn't be too hard or expensive to install it on a laptop.
Thanks for the info guys :D

It's sata, but it will work externally with Something like this. The link is just for a reference you might be able to get it cheaper off of eBay.

Edit: The iHAS drive has to be a REV. B or it won't work btw.

Edit 2: Apparently they are no longer making any REV. B's and Liteon now has a REV. C, so as I had said before make sure before you buy one that it is a REV. B.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.