Hacking How to prep a 64gb chip for sky3ds?

zergslayer69

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've read you can use chip sizes up to 128 for the sky. I've formatted my 64gb sandisk extreme pro with a 3rd party program so that I can make it fat32 and diskwriter is complaining it's not formatted correctly. I let diskwriter format the chip but then it just loses the drive letter and no partition, so that doesn't work. I read exfat doesn't work on sky3ds either so how do we set up chips so that diskwriter can use it?

zergslayer69

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
try the Panasonic SD Formatter https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ use the Full(OverWrite) Option

Thing is, I don't think that program can do fat32 for 64 and higher. I got the partition back so that's not the issue. Doesn't SD formatter automatically make it exfat?

Edit: Looks like sky uses its own type of format. Once formatted in diskwriter it's not usable in windows anymore but diskwriter is able to write games to it.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do yourself a research favor plug the sd card into your pc, go to the windows management console on Windows 7 it's start menu> right-click on Computer> go to manage, go to the disk service see if the card gets formatted as RAW. the original way for Gateway was to write a single rom to the SD card to play it using Win32DiskImager, that was before the multi-rom support may be something similar

pu1se80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a 64gb microsd and it works fine. After format, Windows should only see a tiny partition with a single file in it. Diskwriter on the other hand will use all the space. Just remember to run Diskwriter as an administrator with Win XP compatibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.