Newcomer

United States
    If you download DMLizard you can get DIOS MIOS 2.10

jonthedit likes this.
  2. zemunasu

zemunasu Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    gamecube games only appear in configurable usb. but usb loader gx has patched the ocarina geckocodes updater. Gamecube games won't appear in GX and Ocarina codes wont download. I'm using 3.0

3. Cesar Montoya

Cesar Montoya Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    So I have been having trouble lately with DIOS MIOS lite. The controllers work well but stop working once a game is booted. I have DML 2.10 and use Dios Mios booter r30. At first everything was fine and i haven't changed the settings from before. I heard you can fix this by playing a retail disk but my wii does not play any disks anymore. That is why I have DML. If anyone can help me, I'll appreciate it.

4. JFTS

JFTS GBAtemp Regular

Fiji
    I have a similar problem. I can see the DIOS MIOS boot screen both on CFG Loader and Dios Mios Booter but then, the screen gets black and the system freezes.

I cannot understand in any rational reason why this happens. It is very simple and yet, I can't get it to work. Any suggestions?

5. Buttersoft.

Buttersoft. Member
    Newcomer

I'm in the same boat as JFTS and it's driving me fricking crazy. My state is:

Original White Wii (previously softmodded by a friend with USB Loader GX and cIOS's)
    4.3E
    Followed a complete ModMii guide to re-hack, including MIOS (will not allow Bootmii as Boot 2)(Used RVL-cMIOS-v65535(v10)_WiiGator_WiiPower_v0.2.wad *not* RVL-mios-v10.wad)

I tried following the guide in the OP, and also the one Stephanie posted, and at best i keep getting a black screen after the DIOS MIOS splash, using USB Loader GX, CFG Loader, and DIOS MIOS Booter. Sometimes i don't even get to the splash screen, depending on the compression method I'm using. I have verified the Md5 hashes of the files i'm using, and tried different forms of compression (and using uncompressed .iso's - I'm assuming DiscEX is ok to work with .gcm files? I have tied both .gcm and .iso though) Sometimes DIOS MIOS doesn't even get to the splash screen.

I'm going to go through ModMii again to get back the that state, and will try the guide again.

I'm using USB Loader GX v3.0 R1230 and DIOS MIOS v2.11. Does anyone have any tips about what i might be doing wrong, or anything else to try? Is that cMIOS above the wrong one, or does it not matter because DIOS MIOS overwrites the MIOS? The suggestions in the DIOS MIOS FAQ aren't helping :(

(Lastly, if, to my eternal shame, i can't get DIOS MIOS going, does anyone have a link to a good guide on how to burn and play backup gamecube discs?)

6. Filisteus

Filisteus Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I used a sdcard and it worked perfectly, I just wore microsd with adapter

7. TheFadedWarrior

Newcomer

United States
    Just a heads up, the DIOS MIOS Lite downloads page does not work in Chrome unless you allow the script to show. In your address bar on the downloads page there should be a silver shield. Click the shield and then click "Load unsafe script." You can then download.

8. Ivan Velkov

Ivan Velkov Newbie
    Newcomer

Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    Hello

I have an issue that I need a bit help with.
    I somehow managed to get the gamecube games to work (yay!) but when the games start, they dont recognize my GC controller. The controller is not defective, it works in other games (wii, n64) and in app menus where they should and can work (dios mios booter, wii64 etc). Changing the launcher doesn't help at all. I tried USB Laungher GX, Dios-Mios Booter and WiiFlow. They all result the same, the controller doesn't do anything once the games are activated.

Note: the controller is not original, I bought it on Ebay for 7-8$. I suspect that the apps/system have something that detects if the controller is legit but I can't stick to that idea since it works everywhere else.

9. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight
    Former Staff

France
    It's probably because it's not an original controller.

in homebrew, it's using different controller access and data reading than official games.
    I don't want to tell you to not use DIOS MIOS/Lite if this is what you chose, but there are two other gamecube backup loader you could try for wii/WiiU that doesn't use the default gamecube controller's functions.

You should try :
    Devolution (require your official disc and a compatible Wii to verify the disc first)
    Nintendont (no disc verification, and works with a lot of controllers)

they both don't require any installation of system file or cIOS. only IOS58 and copy boot.dol to your /apps/ folder like any homebrew. they can be launched from external loaders (USBGX, Wiiflow, CFG, etc.) or from HBC.

10. thegodlybeing

thegodlybeing Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    drag and drop isnt working

11. sirus1999

sirus1999 GBAtemp Regular

Iran
    please help....how i play gamecub games in usb loader x? i can play wii game with that but gamecube not...i install dios mios but game freeze

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - GameCube, (Lite), games