1. ShangTsung

OP ShangTsung Newbie
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    Hi everyone!
    I rummaged through different topics, but I did not find the answer to my question...
    Does softmode of vWii allow to run Wii game discs of different regions? If yes, what programm I need to install for that purpose (besides Homebrew channel)? I know 2 programms for Wii console: Neogamma and Gecko. But what programms can run discs on Wii U (in vWii mode)?
    I have NTSC-U Wii U console and also I have some original game discs for Wii (PAL and NTSC-J regions). Can I play them in vWii after softmoding?

I am not interested in playing Wii games from images on HDD (I'm not a fan of this), I am intrested in playing Wii games from discs!

And one more question. I have some WAD games (NTSC-U region), which I installed to my friend's NTSC-U Wii. Can I install them in my vWii?

Last edited by ShangTsung, Mar 10, 2017
  2. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    Neogamma will boot your out of region games just fine I use it to load my usa version of smash bros on my euro wiiu vwii

3. ShangTsung

OP ShangTsung Newbie
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    That's interesting... So I can install Neogamma for vWii, am I?

4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo watching Thames TV from London

Italy
    Yes (although it may require cios even for original discs, not sure - in which case be sure to use cios for vwii and not a real wii)
    Gecko OS will definitely launch games with their original ios so its setup is arguably easier

5. ShangTsung

OP ShangTsung Newbie
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    Thank you very much, guys! Indeed, Gecko and Neogamma have solved the problem! Now I can play PAL and NTSC-J Wii discs on my Wii U. ))
    Also WAD games, which I installed to my friend's Wii, have fitted to my console. ))

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - different, regions, discs