Emulator How to play Skylanders on PC with a portal of power!

TheBiemGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DISCLAIMER: ALL GAMES WORK WELL EXCEPT FOR GIANTS AND SPYRO'S ADVENTURE IF YOU WANT TO PLAY THOSE GAMES I RECOMMEND CHECKING OUT MY OTHER THREAD ON HOW TO PLAY SKYLANDERS ON PC WITHOUT A PORTAL. (https://gbatemp.net/threads/play-skylanders-on-pc-without-the-portal.589312/)

Requirements:
- Wii U USB Helper | https://github.com/FailedShack/USBHelperInstaller/releases
- Zadig | https://zadig.akeo.ie/
- A Wii/Wii U or Playstation portal of power | Try looking on eBay, Amazon or maybe in a Thrift Shop
- And a decent PC

Basic written tutorial:
Step 1. Download and Install Wii U USB Helper
Step 2. Choose you're region and choose a place to store your games (The program will download them for you later)
Step 3. Enter titlekeys.ovh as the title key site
Step 4. Now you can search for Skylanders in the program right-click -> download game and click yes to update
Step 5. Click start downloading
Step 6. Go to download manager and turn on Unpack in "Action to perform once downloading is over" and wait until the game is finished downloading
Step 7. Now download Zadig and open it
Step 8. Go to Options -> List All Devices
Step 9. Choose Spyro Porta or Spyro Portal (Depending on your region) and make sure right driver is set to WinUSB else you can use the arrows to change that, now click reinstall driver (You have to have your portal plugged in for it to show up in Zadig)
Step 10. Open Device Manager and go into "Universal Serial Bus devices" and right-click Spyro Porta or Spyro Portal click Update Driver, Browse my computer for drivers and Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
Step 11. Select "USB Input Device" from the list that appears
Step 12. Now go to the directory where you install the ROMs from there go into "Place where you stored the roms/DATA/EMULATORS/Cemu/BIN" If there is nothing in that folder first go to Wii U USB Helper and click Play this game on PC while you have the downloaded game selected now it should download the emulator files and if asked always select the newest version of cemu and install cemuhook
Step 13. Now when your in the Cemu Bin folder open Cemu.exe set the mlc01 path as "Place where you stored the roms/DATA/EMULATORS/Cemu/BIN/mlc01" and the game path as "Place where you stored the roms/DATA/EMULATORS/Cemu/GAMES" and click Download community graphics packs
Step 14. Now you can configure your input make sure the first controller is emulating a Wii U Gamepad or else some things don't work
Step 15. Now go to the Options -> General settings and go to Graphics and if you can set the Graphics API to Vulkan and Graphics Device to your Graphics Card (If you have one)
Step 16. Set Upscale filter to Bilinear
Step 17. And if you want to see your FPS you can enable that in Overlay I like it in the top right
Step 18. Now right-click the game and click "Edit graphic Packs" and enable Resolution and set it to 1920x1080 and enable Shadow Resolution and leave it
Step 19. Now you can start the game and enjoy!

A tutorial video (With an in-depth installation process of the tutorial above and gameplay):

If anyone still has questions feel free to ask me!

Last edited by TheBiemGamer,

TheBiemGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I do not see Imaginators on the list.
That's because you can't download Imaginators with Wii U USB Helper you can however download it from here sadly that website is pretty slow and you need to add the titlekey which is ABECC2CF323EA008A8A693571562E77E # Skylanders Imaginators to your keys.txt inside of the Cemu folder.

Railuge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because you can't download Imaginators with Wii U USB Helper you can however download it fromsadly that website is pretty slow and you need to add the titlekey which is ABECC2CF323EA008A8A693571562E77E # Skylanders Imaginators to your keys.txt inside of the Cemu folder.
I cannot find that file. I downloaded the emulator through the Wii U USB helper program

nevermind

Last edited by Railuge,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person