Hacking How to play PSP ISO's "the proper way"

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Okay, I'll explain to you how an LBA check works and how a content check works in layman's terms.

An LBA check may be included in the game itself - it may scan the content of the disk (in this case, the mounted UMD image) to check whether the partitions are present. Not just the game partition - all partitions. If it detects manipulation in the partition system, it will reject the image as invalid and will not boot. This is usually prevented by putting a dummy file that "weighs nothing" but fills the partition anyways, leaving the partitions intact.

A content check may check if the partitions are untouched, meaning, if they actually contain the files they're supposed to contain. This cannot be prevented in any way, unless you feel like cracking the EBOOT itself, which is likely to take a considerable ammount of time and simply isn't worth the time.

When you keep that in mind, removing a theoretically pointless partition may actually cause the game not to boot at all. This is of course a rare occourance, but it may happen.

superspudz2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you modify M.A.C.H., the menu preview is garbled but otherwise the game runs fine.
CUBE definitely Uses LBA Check cause if even touch it it freezes at loading.

ive had other games that went black screen of death and i had to remove
the battery to reset it. but i just delete the problem files and use the fresh file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/C47IzqSZBsQ?si=C8FGHzAc8TRvcnvg