How to Play PS2 Games on any PS3 with PS2Classics

Prerequisites~ Imgburn,PC or Laptop,PS3 Obviosuly,some ps2 games,a few files,an ability to follow directions

1. Grab a PS2 game, take the disc and put it in your pc,or laptop

2. Open up Imgburn and create an Image file of the disc

3. Once that's done you should end up with an iso file

4. Now that that's done go to Google and search "Download PS2 Classics Placeholder R3" Go ahead and download that.
42224d1363819694-icon0bj.png

5. You should get a .PKG file now turn on your PS3 and install the PS2 Classics Placeholder R3 PKG

6. Its not activated yet so you need to download ReactPSN if your on 4.46 just search for ReactPSN 2.27 Once you find it go ahead and download it.

7. Now you should get a .PKG file of ReactPSN go ahead and install it on your PS3

8. Now you need to download the RAP File to activate your PS2 Classics Placeholder so go to google and search "rap file for PS2Classics". Download the RAP File

9. Create a folder on the root of your USB Drive called exdata and Copy the rap file in to exdata folder

10. Go over to your PS3 and create a new account and call it aa and plug your USB Drive with the RAP File in to your PS3

11. Now run ReactPSN and the rap file will activate the PS2 Classics placeholder

12. Its activated but you don't have any games in it yet so what you want to do is go to google and search "PS2Classics GUI AldosTools"
42226d1363819515-snap068d.png

13. Once that is downloaded to your PC open it up and copy and paste this on to the Content ID field 2P0001-PS2U10000_00-0000111122223333

14. Copy and paste this on to the Klicense Field
E4E54FD67C16C316F47829A30484D843

15. Remember that ISO we created a while back ? Well go ahead and browse for the iso file and select it.

16. Now once you have your ISO selected make sure and select the option that says Add LIMG Sector and select DVD.

17 Now hit encrypt and it will encrypt the iso into an iso.bin.enc file

18 Once its done copy that iso.bin.enc file on to your USB Flash Drive and open up Multiman on your PS3 go to mmos and copy the ISO.BIN.ENC file to the newly created PS2U1000 USR Directory /Dev_HDD0/game/PS2U1000/USRDR

19 Exit Multiman or whatever File manager you used

20. Start up the PS2Classics PlaceHolder and Enjoy PS2 Games on your PS3 :yayps3:

P.S. If the size of the ISO.BIN.ENC exceeds 4GB you need to format your USB Drive at NTFS and go ahead and open up multiman and scroll over to the very left and scroll down a few and you should see Toggle RFS driver basically what it does is it allows NTFS Drives read and write acess on the PS3 so go ahead and select that now open mmos file manager and copy the file from your USB Drive to dev_hdd0/game/PS2U1000/USRDR

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice tut. PS2 Classics Manager is another way of converting .isos to .iso.encs and is a nice manager once your library gets bigger. FTP is also effective for transferring 4GB+ files from a computer to the PS3's internal hdd.

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is just bad that ps2 games look like crap on a ps3:sad:

One way to make your PS2 Games look better on the PS3 is go to Settings --> Game Settings --> and where it says PS/PS2 Smoothing select On and where it says PS/PS2 Upscaler select Full Screen once thats done your PS2 games should look considerably better on your Playstation 3

matthi321

Trophies
XP
Country
One way to make your PS2 Games look better on the PS3 is go to Settings --> Game Settings --> and where it says PS/PS2 Smoothing select On and where it says PS/PS2 Upscaler select Full Screen once thats done your PS2 games should look considerably better on your Playstation 3

have tried that, and all other settings. you can trie. maybe it is just my tv,but with me it is so pixelated, that my eyes begin to hurt:(

NTA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this work on SLIM PS3s ?
if you mean the superslim ps3s, then yes, that's also possible, but it would require an optical drive emulator because the newest model of ps3s weren't able to be modded the same way the previous versions were.

somewhereovertherainbow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No i meant normal Slim PS3 . And from the guy I bought my PS3 he said he could Play PS2 games just by pressing the game inside mmCM (MultiMan Cobra Manager) and then in XMB meny . -- My ps3 for some reasons gives me a blackscreen everytime i tries ...

ALSO how do you write PS3 symbols as X,[],O in gbatemp ? Its done inside http://gbatemp.net/threads/multiman-beginners-guide.291170/

NTA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm. The basic tutorial doesn't seem to cover that. I'd recommend asking on ps3hax, since deank's official site isn't up for some reason. I haven't had much experience with multiman since 2011 and can't really find the information you need, and I think someone at ps3hax might be able to better to help you out

Kazekai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This tutorial confuses me but I think my confusion can be cleared up depending on the answer to one question: Does this work on a vanilla slim PS3 or do I need to hack it?

I just want to play PS2 games without switching out consoles but I go online and use netflix with my PS3 so hacking is out of the question because it would make those features null.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it requires the PS3 to be hacked, then it shouldn't be titled "How to play PS2 games on any PS3" because you can't play them on any PS3. Maybe it should say "any hacked PS3".

user64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it requires the PS3 to be hacked, then it shouldn't be titled "How to play PS2 games on any PS3" because you can't play them on any PS3. Maybe it should say "any hacked PS3".
In addition, not all PS3s are "hackable."

somewhereovertherainbow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually, you should get a hacked ps3 . after you done you can always downgrade n sell it as original ... gives you lots of potential with cfw todays, psp,ps2,psx,ps3, psn, and streaming services formovies n alike .

Kazekai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually, you should get a hacked ps3 . after you done you can always downgrade n sell it as original ... gives you lots of potential with cfw todays, psp,ps2,psx,ps3, psn, and streaming services formovies n alike .

Not really true. The risk of being banned from using online services is too great so anyone who plays a lot of multiplayer games is missing out.

The thread title should be changed, I was led to believe I wouldn't risk damaging my system or giving up online to use this method; I was misled.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1