Gaming How to play PS1 games on your PSP

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Well, to many people have been asking me how to play PS1 games on the PSP, so i decided to make this. I won't be saying how to get an ISO from the PS1 CD, because you will be downloading it anyway.
I'm going to be using PSX2PSP V1.4.2 so you can download this from here

Once you have downloaded that, extract it with either WinRAR or 7-Zip (If you have already got one of them, which is highly likely you will have, you don't need to download)

When you have done, go into the folder and click on the PSX2PSP icon. For this guide I'm going to be using theme mode.
duhhh.jpg

Once your running it, click on Convert Menu (I will be doing Customize PBP after)
Now click on the three ... button where ISO/PBP File option is and find your PS1 game,
and then click on the other ... button where Output PBP folder option is and choose where you want your EBOOT to go (Preferably on the PC, not your PSP)
You don't need to do anything with the Game title/Save title/Game ID/Save ID it will do it for you unless however you click here find your game that you are converting, and see if it needs a different Game ID
Plus, if you have a game that needs two or more discs, you can use Muti-boot feature! Just click the drop down box, and click 2/3/4/5 for the extra disc!

Some of you might get an error saying you need BASE.PBP, what you need to do is google it, and download it then put the file in your PSX2PSP folder.

boot.jpg

Now that your done with the Convert Menu, click on Customize PBP this is the fun bit

Icon image; What the icon will look like when you are scrolling though your XMB games or if you haven't got a Icon ainmation
Background image; self explainable really.
Imformation image; You know when your looking at a game, and it's got the text over the background image? Yeah that's it.
Background music; do i need to explain?
Icon animation; animation when your highlighting the game
Boot/Warning image; You don't really need this, but if you do i don't need to explain it.

You can either make them all yourself, or if you can't be bothered you would have to google for some imgs!

Once your done with all that, it should look something like this
finshed.jpg

obviously it won't be Wild Arms, but if it is cool ;D

Now that you are done, click back onto the Convert Menu and click... Convert obviously
biggrin.gif

once your EBOOT has finished, you will get a folder with letters and numbers
you need to drag that to your GAME folder Not your ISO folder.

If you have popsloader, your done! If you don't follow below

popsloader makes your games work! But its not an emulator.
You need to download it for your current firmware
Popsloader for M33
Popsloader for GEN

(This bit is for GEN, M33 has a nice .exe to use)
Once you downloaded it, go into SEPLUGINS folder, and copy both file and folder into your seplugins folder on your PSP.
Now, if you don't have a POPS.txt in your seplugins folder on your PSP. Open notepad and copy this into notepad
ms0:/seplugins/popsloader.prx 1

When you have click save, and name it POPS and save it in your seplugins folder.
Exit USB Mode and restart your PSP. (You don't need to enable it from the recovery menu, because it's already enabled!)
Then start your game, and a menu will come up. DONT PRESS ANYTHING! CLICK HERE to find out what pops version you need to use!

And that's it! Your done!
psp.gif

If you have any questions, feel free to ask

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow,ive always been wondering,thanks for this,I have no problem with PSP games but with PS1 games ive been troubled. So many guides ive used failed,I will try this solid looking guide out.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
omgpwn666 said:
Wow,ive always been wondering,thanks for this,I have no problem with PSP games but with PS1 games ive been troubled. So many guides ive used failed,I will try this solid looking guide out.

Hope it works
yaypsp.gif

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I could have sworn I posted a guide earlier this year on this O.o however this guide is much more detailed than what I remember doing and alot cleaner too. just a thought you might want to add a lil sentence about the compression, if I remember correctly not all games like to be compressed and will lag quite alot (final fantasy springs to mind) anything with heavy graphics like intense cutscenes and combat tend to lag a fair bit during those moments, other than that this guide is really really good kudos to you dean =D
EDIT:
also I forgot to mention some games require a different Game ID for it to work without crashing (digimon anyone? ¬¬).
Other multi disc games can be a pain in the ass to get to work when your at the swap disc point XD but I think that part would be best in another guide.

(sorry I'm a really really picky person)

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome,I can confirm im playing Glover on my PSP 3000!! This is cool,only one thing you left out (Not that major) is that I needed a base.PBP file,I just googled it. But anyways 100% credit to this guide,I love it. Thank you.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
DarkWay said:
I could have sworn I posted a guide earlier this year on this O.o however this guide is much more detailed than what I remember doing and alot cleaner too. just a thought you might want to add a lil sentence about the compression, if I remember correctly not all games like to be compressed and will lag quite alot (final fantasy springs to mind) anything with heavy graphics like intense cutscenes and combat tend to lag a fair bit during those moments, other than that this guide is really really good kudos to you dean =D
EDIT:
also I forgot to mention some games require a different Game ID for it to work without crashing (digimon anyone? ¬¬).
Other multi disc games can be a pain in the ass to get to work when your at the swap disc point XD but I think that part would be best in another guide.

(sorry I'm a really really picky person)
i did mention some games need a game ID :S haha.

omgpwn666 said:
Awesome,I can confirm im playing Glover on my PSP 3000!! This is cool,only one thing you left out (Not that major) is that I needed a base.PBP file,I just googled it. But anyways 100% credit to this guide,I love it. Thank you.
okay i'll add that
biggrin.gif
sorry. but cool you got it working

QUOTE(ShinRyouma @ Nov 18 2009, 02:58 AM)
I've been using Popstation GUI by ZiNgA BuRgA, is PSX2PSP better?
i have never used Popstation, but i think PSX2PSP is the best

Gobnoblin

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the great info... now i may get off my lazy behind and see what i can convert over... thanks again

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
ShinRyouma said:
How do I convert .mp3 into .AT3?
What does "Apply patches" in the 1st picture do?

converting .MP3 to .AT3 is abit difficult.
You would have to search google for that one.
Apply patches isnt necessary

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
.MP3 to .AT3 is quite difficult, I never bothered with it, Apply Patches is for is if your converting a PAL to NTSC game or similar things, not really nessecarry for anything.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
MP3 to .at3 isn't that hard since it's a codec used by Sony and plenty of apps can convert...try something like Goldwave and ensure you have the at3 codec on hand.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Hrmmm, I'm having issues converting Digimon World 3 to my PSP. On the compatibility list it says to change the Game ID to SLPS-01724, which I did. However, when I try to actually launch the game it doesn't even give me the screen to choose what POPS I want to use, it just sits at a black screen. I can hit the Home Button and quit the game and such but the game never starts. When I change the ID should I change both the Game ID and the Main Game ID or just the Game ID?

EDIT: Cool, I changed the Game ID and it works so far, the only way to test it now is to have it load my memory Card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.