Hacking How to play Pokemon GBA with NDSL and R4i-SDHC ?

born2ride

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I'm asking me a question : is it possible to play Pokemon GBA with my NDSL and my R4i-SDHC ? After using google, I have seen that there is 3 main possibilities :
- use a flashcard slot 2, so my R4 is not usefull
- use an EZ flash 3in1 rumble pack
- use the SUPERCARD DSTWO

So what is the best for you ? and why ? Thanks for your help.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Err...your possibilities are a little off. It's more like:
1. Use a Slot-2/GBA flashcard (EZ Flash IV, SCSD, EZ 3in1, etc)
2. Get a Supercard DSTwo.

I would go with a Slot-2/GBA flashcard, they have better performance/compatibility than a DSTwo are generally cheaper as well.

born2ride

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your so quick answer :yay:
So I understand too that EZ flash 3in1 doesn't manage the RTC : so it's better to take a flashcard slot 2 ?
The only advantage to buy supercard is the possibility to use it for NDSL games. On the other side, it cost twice :(

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
There are only a few cards that have a RTC, none of which are all that common. However, you can find most patches for the games that require it.

The DSTwo would be a good choice if you wanted to emulate SNES games as well. So here's how it lays out:

Buy a DSTwo for around $30-$40USD and get SNES, GBA, and DS games or go with a slot-2 flashcard for around $20USD and get GBA games and a kinda bad SNES emulator.

born2ride

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK, so my last question according that I only want to play to Pokemon games on GBA : is it better to use the EZ flash IV card that is a slot 2 flashcard, or to use EZ flash V 3in1 expansion pack rumble ? The 1st one manage RTC (I'm not sure but I think so) and the 2nd one don't. I read some problems with pokemon games for 3in1 ?? What is true ????

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Neither cards have RTC features.

As for Pokemon problems with the 3in1 I'm...not the most knowledgeable, so I won't be able to help you there, however I can tell you that there are RTC patches for Pokemon games that sort of work well depending on where you get them.

born2ride

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK, thanks for your help. This give me a first idea. Nobody else can tell me more about Pokemon games and this kind of flashcard ?

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Pokemon games work with the 3 in 1, but you're going to need a patch for RTC.. It'll work without the patch, but you'll be buggered by the "battery has ran dry" notice every time you start it up. Honestly, if all you're worried about is the Pokemon games, why not just buy them? They're pretty common and dirt cheap in my opinion, shouldn't be too hard to find a sale on eBay that has them all together.

born2ride

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, it can be a possibility, but if I buy all of them on eBay, it will cost twice at least, that's why I prefer buy a fashcard. And now I'm really interested to play Pokemon GBA games, but who know, maybe tomorrow it will be Mario games :) So, I think I will buy a 3in1.
Thanks for all your help. Very good forum and high efficacity :yay:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr