Homebrew How to play out of Region Games with HANS

AtelierMari

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've seen some people saying you can do this and now I finally have an out of region game I'd love to know how. I've looked around but can't find any answers.. I'd love to be able to take screenshots of my Japanese games though! So thanks for any help.

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, first of all, if you don't have homebrew on your 3DS (or CFW), then you should probably check on that first.
If you do have homebrew on your 3DS, all you gotta do is load up the Homebrew Launcher, choose HANS, spoof the region, and hope it works! Thing is that HANS isn't compatible with all games, especially the new ones. The only way to use those out-of-Region games is by waiting for HANS to update for compatibility (although smea hasn't done that in a while), or using CFW.

Buttsnake

"Mods please close this thread"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, first of all, if you don't have homebrew on your 3DS (or CFW), then you should probably check on that first.
If you do have homebrew on your 3DS, all you gotta do is load up the Homebrew Launcher, choose HANS, spoof the region, and hope it works! Thing is that HANS isn't compatible with all games, especially the new ones. The only way to use those out-of-Region games is by waiting for HANS to update for compatibility (although smea hasn't done that in a while), or using CFW.
May I ask how one plays out of region games on CFW?

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
May I ask how one plays out of region games on CFW?
Well, if you have an o3DS or a 9,5 N3DS, you can use rxTools CFW, since that already comes with out-of-region support.
On the other hand, you can use FreeMultiPatcher as an alternative. It's a .cia app that allows playing out-of-region, as well as a few other things. The only downside is that you have to start it up everytime you want to play an out-of-region game, but it's not much of a problem.

Reactions: Buttsnake

AtelierMari

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Gotcha, thanks :) I hope if HANS doesn't work the Region Free Launcher will just do the trick, I just thought taking screenshots mightbe nice :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment