How to play newer Games on CFW ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by XyracX, Jun 12, 2016.

1. XyracX
    OP

XyracX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hello guys, I don't touched my N3DS XL for a while now and missed all the updates and stuff that is going on here. I bought Kirby Planet Robobot and figured out that I can't even boot it on rxTools because of the lower Firmware version.

Tried to open it with HANS, but always hanging on the yellow screen.

Is there a fast way to spoof the firmware or update to another CFW or other methods to play Kirby, or newer games ? Is it still, that you can't update rxTools beyond 9.5 for N3DS ?

SysNand : 9.2.0-20E
    EmuNand : RX-E 9.5.0-30E

Last edited by XyracX, Jun 12, 2016
  2. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
  3. Stoned

Stoned GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 26, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Or use Rxtools, and Uplade Emunand. :P

4. kingraa777

kingraa777 boom!

Apr 17, 2015
    i moved from luma doesnt really mater what you update as long as your base fw is 9.2 and below on system nand

Stoned likes this.
  5. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    I am recommending Luma3Ds because it has bug fixes and patches that RxTools does not have. RxTools is becoming more unstable every update (especially for the N3DS) so it's best to just move on to a different CFW. You won't lose anything, most of the time you won't even notice the change.

retrofan_k and astronautlevel like this.
  6. stl25

stl25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 3, 2008
    United States
    Here, there and everywhere
    I recommend any of the CFW that allows you to update to 11.0 whether it be sysNAND or emuNAND. Some examples of capable CFW for this task. Obviously the mentioned Luma3DS and RxTools. However ReiNand, Corbenik, SaltFW, and CakesFW are more than capable as well. I am sure there are many users of each of the mentioned CFW projects that can verify that. Do some CFW research here on the forums (there are mulitple CFW comparison threads) and base your decision on evaluating the features you desire.

7. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If you have an older rxTools build it may not even work with emuNAND 11.0 anyway. You actually would need to move to Luma.

Shadowfied and astronautlevel like this.
  8. SkittleDash

SkittleDash Loading...

Oct 21, 2015
    Skyloft
    RxTools 2.6 and 3.0 work nicely on 11.0. I'm staying put on RxTools till it's absolutely necessary to move to a different CFW.

9. CheatFreak47

CheatFreak47 Complex Donut

Oct 11, 2011
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    By that logic, the world would still be using CRT Televisions.
    RxTools is bloated crap compared to Luma3DS, it's slower and less consistent to start too.
    It's also a dead CFW, and the part that matters of it: (IE the part that actually runs the patched firmware) is no longer receiving updates.

The way to go now is Arm9LoaderHax -> Luma3DS
    with optional A9LH Payloads to replace all functionalities that rxTools ever had with better, more refined, faster alternatives. IE, Decrypt9, EmuNAND9, etc.

Also, Luma3DS takes like 3 seconds to install, it's literally "delete rxTools crap if you want, drop the Luma3DS files you need on SD card"
    For people that use MenuHax, that's the /3ds/ folder, and luma3ds.dat (you can then point your boot manager at the dat directly or at the included boot.3dsx)
    For people that use A9LH it's literally just arm9loaderhax.bin, and you download, drop, and rename whatever payloads you want in the /luma/payloads/ folder. That's it.

Xsiide, astronautlevel and retrofan_k like this.
  10. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    I totally agree, Luma is my favorite CFW right now and just done a 2nd a9lh install with it today.

11. SkittleDash

SkittleDash Loading...

Oct 21, 2015
    Skyloft
    Meh, I haven't came across any issues with RxTools. I'm using the reworked version. RxTools has basically been updated last month. Someone has ironed out a few things.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/pre-release-wip-yet-another-rxtools.426092/

12. astronautlevel

astronautlevel But he's a guy

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    No. They "fixed" the tools, which are still inferior to d0k3's *9 tools. Also, they won't work on the CFW side which is far more important

CheatFreak47 and Xsiide like this.
  13. CheatFreak47

CheatFreak47 Complex Donut

Oct 11, 2011
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    Since it sounds like you use MenuHax, and I see this question popping up a lot lately, I've written a quick tutorial on how to switch from using outdated CFWs to Luma3DS. As astronautlevel said, basically all that was fixed was some of the tools that were included, but the are still vastly inferior to d0k3's toolset.

Quantumcat and astronautlevel like this.
  14. Pokéidiot

Pokéidiot GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2015
    Brazil
    \n?
    Use another CFW. rxTools is outdated enough for that.
    But if you still love rx, use dukesrg "Yet Another rxTools" fork, that it's being constantly updated by dukesrg.

15. astronautlevel

astronautlevel But he's a guy

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™