Tutorial How to play NDS Games in HD Widescreen (16:9, 21:9, 32:9)!

Deleted member 440156

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I typed that, but no text appeared. Did I do it wrong?
upload_2021-5-1_13-54-55.png

TSP184

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you open PowerShell as Admin, then type
Code:
cd "C:/folder/where/desmumar/is"
and then proceed to type
Code:
.\DeSmuMAR.exe
it should then provide you with a log of text. If so, what does it state?
Understood, thanks.

hoshea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Quite odd. Perhaps you are needing to install .NET Core 3.1 Runtime: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/3.1

I'm just curious, so I tried to redownload Desmume through Desmumar,

Code:
There's no "DeSmuME.exe" next to DeSmuMAR, want to automatically download the latest Dev build? (y/n)
yDownloading...
Fetching API Data of AppVeyor: zeromus/desmume
 + Obtained
 + Job ID ihjh5nqrcgm4bv64 discovered
Downloading DeSmuME-VS2019-x64-Release.exe Job Artifact...
 - Failed! A Web Exception occured: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
Failed to download DeSmuME, closing DeSmuMAR...

I'm guessing there's something wrong with the Desmume's artifact links.. maybe,
Know nothing abut Appveyor-thingy, I'm just guessing though.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
pragma.pw
XP
Country
Ireland
Just tried that; Same result. My laptop is brand-new, so maybe there's something else I haven't installed?
I'm really not sure then

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm just curious, so I tried to redownload Desmume through Desmumar,

Code:
There's no "DeSmuME.exe" next to DeSmuMAR, want to automatically download the latest Dev build? (y/n)
yDownloading...
Fetching API Data of AppVeyor: zeromus/desmume
 + Obtained
 + Job ID ihjh5nqrcgm4bv64 discovered
Downloading DeSmuME-VS2019-x64-Release.exe Job Artifact...
 - Failed! A Web Exception occured: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
Failed to download DeSmuME, closing DeSmuMAR...

I'm guessing there's something wrong with the Desmume's artifact links.. maybe,
Know nothing abut Appveyor-thingy, I'm just guessing though.
Yes, so, AppVeyor only stores artifacts for each commit for 1 month. https://www.appveyor.com/docs/packaging-artifacts/#artifacts-retention-policy

The last commit was 1 month ago, hence right now, there's no pre-compiled builds available for download so the script fails to find one :(

Deleted member 440156

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I decided to use the Retroarch version, and I'm trying to figure out which aspect ratio I need to make both screens 16:9. I guessed it was 16:18 (8:9). That wasn't a preset ratio, so I used the custom ratio to set it to 640x720. Is this correct? I just wanted to check, because it does look a bit off, but that might just be the widescreen hack I used.

Last edited by Deleted member 440156,

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
pragma.pw
XP
Country
Ireland
So, I decided to use the Retroarch version, and I'm trying to figure out which aspect ratio I need to make both screens 16:9. I guessed it was 16:18 (8:9). That wasn't a preset ratio, so I used the custom ratio to set it to 640x720. Is this correct? I just wanted to check, because it does look a bit off, but that might just be the widescreen hack I used.
If you're setting an Aspect Ratio (not resolution) then using resolutions as your aspect ratio is just being inefficient. E.g. 1920x1080 is the same as 16x9, innefficient. Anyway, I always recommend people to use the aspect ratio 16:10, regardless what system they are on as it provides much cleaner linear pixel scaling compared to 16:9.
16/9: 1.77777777778* repeating
16/10: 1.6

Not what it does, but, imagine upscaling pixels by a factor 1.77777777778* repeating compared to a clean 1.6

Ozoihbi.png

Here's an example of the inefficient non-linear pixel scaling that can happen in odd cases like this where either the aspect ratio is non-linear, or the window combined with the aspect ratio is non-linear (aka window is slightly too long or not long enough by even 1 pixel, or the aspect ratio used in the cheat is off by even the smallest amount)

Last edited by PRAGMA,

asorion

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
jsut found this thread and tried everythin. my problem is when ever i startDeSmuMAR it jsut isntantly closes on me. its in admin mode and in the right folder

PacaPaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Can anyone post the codes for Pokémon games (Eur) in 16:10 aspect ratio? I want to play them in my Twilight Menu ++ with widescreen mode activated and see how they look! Thanksss

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Grand Theft Auto V on mobil looks awesome