Hacking How to play Metroid Other M using the nunchuk?

tomtensfarfar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It should be possible using homebrew, using a patch or by manually configuring the controls. Can someone please help me out? Thanks.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I did it....sort of !

I played it with an xbox360 controller in Dolphin.
In Dolphin it's possible to remap just about anything to everything.
But that's emulation, you need a beefy PC and it's not the real thing ( maybe better ? ) so.........AFAIK there's no other way.

tomtensfarfar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did it....sort of !

I played it with an xbox360 controller in Dolphin.
In Dolphin it's possible to remap just about anything to everything.
But that's emulation, you need a beefy PC and it's not the real thing ( maybe better ? ) so.........AFAIK there's no other way.

Ok. Hopefully there is a way, but thanks.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried Ocarina Cheats? I think i remember seeing stuff in there about remapping button for games. but i cuold be wrong.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There are actually ocarina cheat codes that allow to remap controls in certain games, like the b to pound down and roll instead of shaking the wii remote in Donkey Kong Country returns, or the remapping of the aiming/action buttons in Resident Evil 4 , however for Metroid other M it would be extremely difficult to create such codes because of the complexity of the seemingly simple controls.

Somebody might be able to remap the d-pad on the nunchuck, however:

- A code would be required to trick the game into thinking that the nunchuck is not connected, otherwise you get a message to disconnect it.
- In order to shoot missiles and aim, the Wii remote has to be turned toward the TV, thus triggering the firs person view.
So if you are using a nunchuk and the wii remote would be held in the normal vertical position, you'd be in constant first person view, then you'll need additional codes to trick the game into thinking that the wii remote is horizontal.
- Then, you'll need another code to remap the rotation of the wii remote to a button so that you can enter and exit first person view at anytime.

As you see, it's more complicated then just remap the d[ad to the nunchuck, but if anybody can pull it off it would probaby make for a better game experience.

tomtensfarfar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There are actually ocarina cheat codes that allow to remap controls in certain games, like the b to pound down and roll instead of shaking the wii remote in Donkey Kong Country returns, or the remapping of the aiming/action buttons in Resident Evil 4 , however for Metroid other M it would be extremely difficult to create such codes because of the complexity of the seemingly simple controls.

Somebody might be able to remap the d-pad on the nunchuck, however:

- A code would be required to trick the game into thinking that the nunchuck is not connected, otherwise you get a message to disconnect it.
- In order to shoot missiles and aim, the Wii remote has to be turned toward the TV, thus triggering the firs person view.
So if you are using a nunchuk and the wii remote would be held in the normal vertical position, you'd be in constant first person view, then you'll need additional codes to trick the game into thinking that the wii remote is horizontal.
- Then, you'll need another code to remap the rotation of the wii remote to a button so that you can enter and exit first person view at anytime.

As you see, it's more complicated then just remap the d[ad to the nunchuck, but if anybody can pull it off it would probaby make for a better game experience.

You're right, it's a bit complex, but it's doable, right? I think a lot of gamers would appreciate it. Is there any way to trick the game into thinking that the nunchuck is not connected? That's the most essential part imo.

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be surprised to see it happen. It's not that it isn't possible. But as far as remapping controls, this is a major undertaking compared to others. But on top of that, this is one of Nintendo's very few big title games that is not universally loved. I'm sure there are people with the skill to do it. We can already see there are people who care enough about the game. But this depends on somebody who belongs to both groups and also has no higher priorities for his free time.

flamepanther

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game that needs this worse than Metroid: Other M is Blaster Master: Overdrive. We were promised an update with Classic support, but it never materialized.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs