Gaming How to play legit game in online mode by not risky to get banned

BankABAC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a custom firmware SXOS but I have legit digital download game on my account so
how I can avoid risk of banning from Nintendo for playing online mode in Original Firmware

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The safest way of not getting banned would be to make a NAND backup before doing ANYTHING. Use separate microSDs for SX OS and OFW.
Basically, make a full NAND backup before loading SX OS. ONLY USE SX OS WHILE OFFLINE! (Use airplane mode to be safe, there are preloaded "Nintendo" wireless networks that you can't see in Settings, if your Switch comes in range of one and you're not in airplane mode, it could connect and you could get banned!) After you're done playing with your backups, any time you want to play online with OFW you must restore your NAND backup that you just made before going into SX OS.

And you'd have to make a new NAND backup every time you decided to switch from OFW to SX OS.

We don't know all of the telemetry data the Switch sends. If you only kept one backup, that you kept reverting to, say your Switch sends a message to Nintendo that the last time it was played was July 1st, then you played online and it said July 15th. If you revert to your original nand backup, your Switch might tell Nintendo the last time you played was July 1st again. Since they know the last time they saw you playing it was July 15th, they'd be able to say something fishy was going on and ban you for it.

That's a simplified example, in reality we think they are doing this by looking at error history, but you get the idea.

Reactions: Deleted User

BankABAC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The safest way of not getting banned would be to make a NAND backup before doing ANYTHING. Use separate microSDs for SX OS and OFW.
Basically, make a full NAND backup before loading SX OS. ONLY USE SX OS WHILE OFFLINE! (Use airplane mode to be safe, there are preloaded "Nintendo" wireless networks that you can't see in Settings, if your Switch comes in range of one and you're not in airplane mode, it could connect and you could get banned!) After you're done playing with your backups, any time you want to play online with OFW you must restore your NAND backup that you just made before going into SX OS.

And you'd have to make a new NAND backup every time you decided to switch from OFW to SX OS.

We don't know all of the telemetry data the Switch sends. If you only kept one backup, that you kept reverting to, say your Switch sends a message to Nintendo that the last time it was played was July 1st, then you played online and it said July 15th. If you revert to your original nand backup, your Switch might tell Nintendo the last time you played was July 1st again. Since they know the last time they saw you playing it was July 15th, they'd be able to say something fishy was going on and ban you for it.

That's a simplified example, in reality we think they are doing this by looking at error history, but you get the idea.
Thanks But I want to ask you how to use a Backup NAND to restore (someone told me I need to have biskeydump and HackDiskMount)
and if I can't restore it but get my sdcard out and download a legit game on my device memory and play online, it can be risky?

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks But I want to ask you how to use a Backup NAND to restore (someone told me I need to have biskeydump and HackDiskMount)
and if I can't restore it but get my sdcard out and download a legit game on my device memory and play online, it can be risky?
There are other threads on this forum that will tell you how to restore your NAND backup, but basically it's a huge hassle to either have to backup your NAND or restore your nand before switching between SX OS and OFW.

I've already done several things that the community has warned are big "no-nos", like clearing error logs and going online with CFW (using Hekate, not TX OS). So far I haven't gotten banned, but I haven't been loading game backups. I suppose I might be on a future banwave list, but I have no real way of knowing for sure until it happens, so I'll just continue playing online until it does.

I'm not terribly worried. If I get banned, I'll purchase another Switch to play online with. If you buy a Switch tablet off of eBay, without the dock or other accessories, it's actually pretty affordable. Then I'll dedicate my current Switch strictly to homebrew and backup loading. If I don't get banned, well, yay.

And with Nintendo making us pay for online services later, I'm really not sure how much I'll care if I get banned.

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally I use SX OS (using a cert from Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in all games) in airplane mode and once I'm done I'll clear logs with Hekate and play online on OFW.

It's still possible they can tell you've used SX OS in the games you've played but so far no ban for me and I've played online, updated games etc. in OFW.

Basically you can't really do anything to guarantee you won't be banned because at this point in time no one really knows what Nintendo is looking at and what they could look at in the future to ban you. If you're really concerned about it you should probably use a separate switch for legitimate purchases.

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here is the deal, at least what I have seen.
Don't do dumb things that cause errors. I have been online with SXOS with my own legit backups, certs too and redeemed gold coins, of my games only, so I don't have to haul around 20 games physically. (reducing the risk of theft is someone steals it from me. Id rather lose 400.00 worth of stuff then 2000.00.
I have never used the dreport or whatever its called to remove errors. From what I have seen and a theory I have, is that the file dreport clears has info purposely placed in it to check for "System Cleansing" Detection. I fear this info is console specific so you cant hide it basically. as the scene ages I assume the counter measures will increase.

!!! I don't take responsibility if you get banned do these at your own risk !!!

Last edited by Zonark,

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I use SX OS (using a cert from Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in all games) in airplane mode and once I'm done I'll clear logs with Hekate and play online on OFW.

It's still possible they can tell you've used SX OS in the games you've played but so far no ban for me and I've played online, updated games etc. in OFW.

Basically you can't really do anything to guarantee you won't be banned because at this point in time no one really knows what Nintendo is looking at and what they could look at in the future to ban you. If you're really concerned about it you should probably use a separate switch for legitimate purchases.

If you've never run CFW/SX OS on your Switch before, and you always make a clean nand backup you can restore to before going into CFW/SX OS, and you always stay offline while using CFW/SX OS, then yes, it is possible to guarantee you won't be banned.

But it's a major pain in the ass that probably takes more effort than it's worth.

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you've never run CFW/SX OS on your Switch before, and you always make a clean nand backup you can restore to before going into CFW/SX OS, and you always stay offline while using CFW/SX OS, then yes, it is possible to guarantee you won't be banned.

But it's a major pain in the ass that probably takes more effort than it's worth.

Yeah for sure, if you're doing anything to the point where you're essentially going online with a completely untouched NAND etc. then that should definitely be safe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte