Hacking how to play iso games from usb drive running cfw 4.83 overflow NoBD standard cex?.....

pctek76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a phat ps3 cecha01 with a non working blu-ray drive so i had to install this 4.83 overflow NoBD standard cex :

That cfw allows me as im sure you guys know to run apps and games and such without the blank screen issue caused with non working blu-ray drive. My quuestion is whats the steps and needed to play games like ps3, ps2, ps1 etc off from a usb external 1tb hdd? Mostly the games will be .iso formats that i have already thankshttps://www.dropbox.com/s/ta2so28gllgesh9/Overflow_4.83_v3_nobd_standardCEX.rar?dl=1

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shouldn't multiman or webman allow you to do this, I don't think there's any restriction if you have broken drive

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah - as long as you're folder naming/structure on your ext drive is correct, and your files are in the right place, MM/Managunz/Webman/etc should load everything fine (PS2 compatibility aside).

pctek76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i do have MM installed and loaded it up and saw the ps2 game so i clicked it and first it said " do you want to convert the selected ps2 disk image to ps2 classic format?" So im new to this and i select yes, so it didnt it after 5 mins or so another blue color ps2 icon disk image shows up under that one i clicked on the name of the game and when i click X to run it it says this now " please install ps2 classics placeholder first"

pctek76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i installed managunz and clicked the ps2 game in its menu and it started doing some commands on top left corner screen like 3 red errors in text came up like couldn't load elf and like 2 other errors and it took me back tot he xmb screen and i now see a ps2 format disc icon in the game column like it mounted the game or something i click it and screen goes blank looks like it trying to load the game video mode switching all that but comes up with " An error occurred during the start operation. (80028f17)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe i should try another nobd cfw rather than this overflow one?

pctek76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so i have Overflow_4.83_v6_nobd_cobraCEX installed and apps packages etc all install and load fine like normal does someone have the steps in detail or link a guide how to properly setup a usb hdd with the correct format and file structure folder names to play iso images of ps1, ps2, and ps3 games and what the apps needed to load the games? I have a 60gb phat backwards compatible ps3 btw? thanks
OK so i have Overflow_4.83_v6_nobd_cobraCEX installed and apps packages etc all install and load fine like normal does someone have the steps in detail or link a guide how to properly setup a usb hdd with the correct format and file structure folder names to play iso images of ps1, ps2, and ps3 games and what the apps needed to load the games? I have a 60gb phat backwards compatible ps3 btw? thanks

pctek76

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have overflow nobd 4.83 installed how can i install/downgrade to a 4.82 cfw like ferrox or rebug with cobra this overflow doesn't have cobra

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Pachee @ Pachee: CV64 was a good game given it was the first of it's kind, the first 3d project by kobe and was...