ROM Hack How to play games without flash card or catridge? I'm a Total Newbie

jefrey1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi
I have been hearing some stuff lately that you can play without a flash card or cartridge in 3DS.
I am fairly new so I would appreciate a definite guide how to make that happen on my 3DS

About my N3DS
-
the current version of my N3DS is 10.3
- I do not care if the online system or eshop no longer works, similar to PSP, I only used 3DS to play game and the shop doesnt allow me to purchase game due to my location is not supported.
- The stuff I am hearing about lately are sky3ds+ and galaxy but that requires you to purchase their flashcard.
- the other stuff I heard about is EmuNaND, CAKE CFW and RXtools, the problem is I didnt find any guide which should be install or what is the first step.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by jefrey1983,

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi
I have been hearing some stuff lately that you can play without a flash card or cartridge in 3DS.
I am fairly new so I would appreciate a definite guide how to make that happen on my 3DS

About my 3DS
-
the current version of my 3DS is 10.3
- I do not care if the online system or eshop no longer works, similar to PSP, I only used 3DS to play game and the shop doesnt allow me to purchase game due to my location is not supported.
- The stuff I am hearing about lately are sky3ds+ and galaxy but that requires you to purchase their flashcard.
- the other stuff I heard about is EmuNaND, CAKE CFW and RXtools, the problem is I didnt find any guide which should be install or what is the first step.

Thanks in advance
Ignoring the "morality about piracying", I recommend you downgrading and installing rxtools. (Tip: go to google, and search downgrade guide gbatemp and rxtools guide gbatemp) :P

Reactions: HyeVltg3

jefrey1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
okay so the steps I need to do are
1. download RX tools and use it to downgrade my version
2. download a9lh and install it
3. download AuReiNAND and install it

Do i need a writer to pass the rom or iso ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

thanks that make sense

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

About my N3DS
-
the current version of my N3DS is 10.3

Thanks in advance
galaxy ships from space (true story)

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Damn! Isn´t there a way to force these noobs to click on every "how do pirate on X console?" sticky, read the rules, and post a hundred replies before they can start a topic??

(edit) isn´t this the wrong category as well?

Last edited by callmebob,
Reactions: SLiV3R

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so the steps I need to do are
1. download RX tools and use it to downgrade my version
2. download a9lh and install it
3. download AuReiNAND and install it

No, no...

There are basically two things you could do:
1) Downgrade to 9.2 and use Menuhax and a custom firmware that can use EmuNAND. AuReiNand and rxtools are different custom firmwares. You need to use another hack first in order to downgrade and to get the Menuhax. On 10.3, you will be using the browser hack to do this.
2) Install a9hl. This is a long and complicated process that can easily brick your machine if you make a mistake.

AuReiNand or rxtools + EmuNAND are fine if you want to pirate games. a9hl works much better--boot rate is 100% and it is harder to mess things up once you have it--but it isn't necessary, and it's scary enough that many people won't do it.

Reactions: Froster

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Slappity slap slap