1. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Brazil
    hey I'm not sure what happened here but I tries to play but I still get the message that apploader size is zero, I wonder if its because my HDD is partioned, the first one I was trying to play the GC games and the second one are in WBFS (that I play wii games via usb loader GX and work very well). well on wiiflow I can see the GC games there but when I try to play I get this message.

and now I got a bigger problem >A< I'm not sure what happened but I had an GC disc on the console and tries to play one GC from HDD again, wiiflow just loaded the disc game instead... ok, but then I turned off the console
    , and now I tuned on again and for some reason everything turned black and white xAx I have no idea what happened here D: someone know what I should do?
    (btw I tried to devolution too but I'm not sure if it got the problem by the Devo or wiiflow, also don't remember the order I tried them :B )

2. TechMage299

TechMage299 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I could swear i have everything right like the tutorial. I load from a 2gb usb with 4kb cluster size and it loads the game, works perfectly with the only problem being loading times.
    Then i took a 16gb usb, partitioned it to 2gb(just enough for one game) formatted to FAT32 with 32kb clusters and it wont even load the game, any ideas? The 16gb usb works fine with my computer and other things so it cant be busted.

3. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Interesting, 32k clusters should have fixed the loading times. I was also under the impression, though, that a 2gb partition wouldn't allow 32k clusters for some reason. Maybe try formatting it to FAT16 with 32k clusters instead.
    If that's not it, I can also see the possibility that your 2gb partition is not the first partition on the MBR (even if it is the first partition physically on the drive.)
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/changing-the-partition-order-in-a-faster-way.329862/
    OR
    that you just got unlucky and that 16gb drive is just one of those that's not compatible with DM.
    in which, case I'd recommend reporting it in the link in my sig.

4. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    How do I get past the "set main Game cube path on a primary partition" message? There is only one partition on this drive.

5. Orben

Orben Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Okay. i have been working on this for literally days now, with many hours of trial and error and it still will not work right!
    I have a black wii that is gamecube compatible and i am running os ver. 4.3u.
    I hacked my wii using letterbomb and have both the homebrew and bootmii software.
    when i pess the home menu in the homebrew channel it says 1.1.2- ios58 v24.32 in the upper right
    I followed the original guide at the beginning of the thread to the exact letter multiple times, and im using only the software in the given links.
    My iso is a clean rip that i have confirmed as working on my computer with dolphin emulator. it is ntsc to match my system and region.
    WiiFlow Recognizes my device and when i click play in the menu, it shows me the big DM block, followed by a flash of green. shortly after my game begins to play crisp clear audio... but no video. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
    At this point i am willing to pay someone for tech support that will work!
    **edit**
    I downloaded Dios-Mios 2.10 after reading the thread, same results though.
    I have tried all kinds of trial and error things here, scrubbing the iso. using compressed and non compressed, gmc and iso, etc etc...

6. AdamMcKenna

AdamMcKenna Newbie
    Newcomer

No matter what I can't see any games with the use of DM booter, USB Loader or WiiFlow (that one won't even let me change partition from SD) on the list . They are all in the games folder on FAT32 USB with the 32k clusters.

Tried different versions of DM and USB Loader to no avail, anyone has any experience with this?

7. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    Have you tried a different usb drive? Sometimes DM just doesn't like certain drives even if formatted right.

8. AdamMcKenna

AdamMcKenna Newbie
    Newcomer

Yup, tried 2 of them although they're just USB flash sticks, not really HDDs if that matters.

9. eggclip

eggclip Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Is it possible to have a drive work with both Wii and GameCube isos at the same time?

10. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    yes

11. TheJinKazama

TheJinKazama Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Hi,

Can anyone confirm that Mario Kart Double Dash and Luigi's Mansion work with this method? If so I will attempt it later.

Thanks

12. sonicrings

sonicrings GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    The only games I know of that won't work are Pokemon XD: Gale Of Darkness and Pokemon Coliseum, but I might be wrong.

13. AdamMcKenna

AdamMcKenna Newbie
    Newcomer

So I finally got to see the game on my USB but after launching them it restarts system and gets me back to menu.:sad::sad::sad:

EDIT: Progressed further just to ontain "fatal error apploader size is zero"

14. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Brazil
    with some help of another tuto I finally made it work! Yay XD
    I just ahve a question: Is secure to just turrn off the wii on the console while playing via USB? the HDD makes a strangenoise and I'm a bit afraid XD
    The same goes for usb wiigames...

try this:
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-solve-dios-mios-errors-apploader-size-is-zero-ans-others.360692/

AdamMcKenna likes this.
  15. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Brazil
    yep, my HDD are partitioned 200GB for WBFS and 50GB for the GC in the drive with USB LOADER GX, this is the way I did lol
    Maybe you can do it f you use a loader that read the wii iso instead of wbfs drive, but I never tried lol

(sorry double post, was an accident :x )

16. ca032769

ca032769 INFOCOM Collector

United States
    @ TheJinKazama - yes they both work.

I just got around this weekend to setting up Dios Mios v2.10 and getting my GameCube ISO's converted over.

I used GameCube ISO Tool and extracted my ISO's to the DiskEx format. To load them I'm using Cfg USB Loader v70r65MOD and yes, both Mario Kart Double Dash and Luigi's Mansion worked.

17. todrick

todrick Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for this guide! It's still good in 2014. I had tried for hours to get Gamecube working on my black Wii, and this was the first version that worked, and on the first try. I'm looking forward to making a sick setup.

18. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    Yep. You can also have the same drive work with 360 and PS3 as well.

ca032769 likes this.
  19. AdamMcKenna

AdamMcKenna Newbie
    Newcomer

Everything except Mario Kart seems to work now. MK stops after the Choose 50/60hz screen for some reason, anyone had this issue?
    Using USB Loader GX.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - GameCube, games,