How to play FF7: Before Crisis on PSP

In this guide I will show you how to play FF7: Before Crisis on PSP:
First, head to https://archive.org/details/rpg-2-kpp-012-b-04.7z and download the .zip file, once downloaded extract it to your PSP/GAMES folder, and make a folder called “games” inside. Next, go to https://rpgmaker.net/games/?tag=ADV and download the Before Crisis Remake, extract it, and put the folder inside the PSP/GAMES/games/ folder. Next, go to the RPG maker app on your PSP and load RPG_RT.ldb and it should work.
This will also work with all RPG maker 2000-2003 games, have fun!

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TESTERS ARE WANTED
There are lots of rpgmaker ports, 3DS, Switch, Vita, etc, so far I have also tested the 3DS version, which plays Before Crisis a lot better than the PSP does, but unfortunately movies aren’t supported yet… I am currently going to test the Switch version next, but Vita testers are wanted.
https://easyrpg.org/player/downloads/#release-other

Last edited by Plazorn,

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone here have an english guide for RPG2000 player PSP? The readme.txt included in the archive is in japanese. Besides the chosen game, do you know at least if it requires other additional files to work, not included in the archive?:)
Just put the whole folder in PSP/GAME, inside it make a folder called “games” or whatever, and put your games in there. It should pop up in your xmb after that, but you have to CFW your PSP first

Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just put the whole folder in PSP/GAME, inside it make a folder called “games” or whatever, and put your games in there. It should pop up in your xmb after that, but you have to CFW your PSP first
Do games made with RPG maker 2003 also work? Does it read sound effects in .WAV format? Finally will mp4 movies work?

Last edited by Nikokaro,

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do games made with RPG maker 2003 also work? Does it read sound effects in .WAV format? Finally will mp4 movies work?
I am pretty sure rpgmaker 2000 is the same
as 2003, so 2003 games should work.
Unfortunately movies don’t work yet. I have not tested games that use .wav sounds yet, that is why TESTERS ARE WANTED.

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
TESTERS ARE WANTED.
As for me, I'd like to test it with Saint Seiya Densetsu, an rpg released last year by a brazilian fan (but the game is in english):
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/saint-seiya-densetsu-abel.104907/
It's a "monstrous" game with the ridiculous size of 1.5 gb and composed of over 7000 files (!).
Since my SD cards are all full, I have to find the time to buy a new one to test it.
If in the meantime someone else would like to try this game and report the result I would be happy. :)

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geez, 1.5 gb! That’s one heck of a game. I was looking through the files of Before Crisis and found .wav files, so yes, .wavs work.
Does Saint Seiya Densetsu have .mp4 movies in it? If so they will not work, but everything else should work, I will test it in my free time.

(Edit) If it doesn’t work on PSP, try on other platforms, I have had more luck with 3DS than with PSP.

Last edited by Plazorn,

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If it doesn’t work on PSP, try on other platforms
PSP 3004 is the only console I use nowadays, besides DS lite and GBA SP; as for me, unfortunately (or rather, fortunately) more modern consoles don't interest me.
Last year however I was playing this rpg via EasyRpg Player on a tablet, and it worked perfectly. :)

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSP 3004 is the only console I use nowadays, besides DS lite and GBA SP; as for me, unfortunately (or rather, fortunately) more modern consoles don't interest me.
Last year however I was playing this rpg via EasyRpg Player on a tablet, and it worked perfectly. :)
Same, tablet worked best for me too. But unfortunately even the Android version doesn’t support movies…

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Saint Seiya Densetsu worked for me, but I use a 3000, you should try it yourself on your psp
Thank you. That's good news.:)
Unfortunately, I haven't had time to buy a new microSD yet. When I do, it will be the first game I play after transferring the previous save file from tablet to PSP 3004.:wink:

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Never heard of this project, you can play rpgmaker games on many devices, maybe vita too. Worth a look.
dunno, the game was an exclusive FF7 phone game, can't anyone who owns the phone dump the "original" game then upload it somewhere?

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually buy that brand too; I have two 32gb ones. I don't get larger ones because they can give problems, if there are numerous files inside, as reported by other users.
I think if you use something like Rufus and format it to Fat32 then it should be fine, or it might be that your adapter is china junk

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Saint Seiya Densetsu worked for me, but I use a 3000, you should try it yourself on your psp
Hi. Can you explain me how to place the directories in the PSP/GAME folder?
I put the RPGmaker and SaintSeiya folders side by side in psp/game. But when I start RPGmaker and select the file rpg_rt.ldb of Saint Seiya the game starts but without music, then it asks me if I want to skip the intro but then it freezes, and shuts down the console.
Did you manage to get through a little bit in this game?
So, how did you place the folders?:unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself