Hacking How to play eshop .3ds files on Gateway?

ajaroflube

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a few roms that are labeled "eshop (decrypted)". From everything I've read these should play normally on my Red Gateway cart, but when I try to select them from the rom selection menu, the rom has no image and after selection the 3DS still says "no cart inserted".
  • The files come as .3ds files, not .cia files
  • All other .3ds files work fine
  • I've tried multiple "eshop (decrypted)" files and all give the same result
What am I doing wrong?

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just install freeshop and download the games to your system? This will install stock copies of the game off the eshop...

Reactions: Hayleia

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
There are a few roms that are labeled "eshop (decrypted)". From everything I've read these should play normally on my Red Gateway cart, but when I try to select them from the rom selection menu, the rom has no image and after selection the 3DS still says "no cart inserted".
  • The files come as .3ds files, not .cia files
  • All other .3ds files work fine
  • I've tried multiple "eshop (decrypted)" files and all give the same result
What am I doing wrong?
There probably decrypted for citra. When cryptofixing 3ds roms they have to be decrypted then encrypted again with there seed.

gorillaz69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It should be encrypted. I also cannot play and install cia if it is decrypted. I encrypt my cia using decrpyt9.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
It should be encrypted. I also cannot play and install cia if it is decrypted. I encrypt my cia using decrpyt9.
No just 3ds roms have to be re encrypted. Does d9 say it's successful after doing your cia? Are they newer games that require a higher firmware? Is your system up to date?

gorillaz69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No just 3ds roms have to be re encrypted. Does d9 say it's successful after doing your cia? Are they newer games that require a higher firmware? Is your system up to date?
Its the op that have the problem. Mine worked after encrypting the cia. Even after dump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D